Fridge shame - secret lives of refrigerators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our fridge is a stainless steel Samsung. It was a new item and on sale 1/2 price at Home Depot during the fourth of July sales.
This fridge is amazing, I love it. Just when I think that won't fit .... IT DOES!!

The magnets won't stick to the front and has something to do with the different amounts of nickel in the metal alloy that’s used to face “stainless steel” appliances.

WOW, half price MsM !!

Here's our brand new fridge, inside and out...I love the way all of our souvenir travel magnets show up on the black. The flat meat and cheese drawer is great. SousChef will tell you more.
img_1422023_0_853eddae8a833c1367ceaeca59689515.jpg
img_1422023_1_2478ca3844037c88bece443a426d6c37.jpg
See SousChef's cute hairy leg under the door??

Last edited:
WOW, half price MsM !!

Here's our brand new fridge, inside and out...I love the way all of our souvenir travel magnets show up on the black. The flat meat and cheese drawer is great. SousChef will tell you more.
img_1422025_0_2478ca3844037c88bece443a426d6c37.jpg
Yup 1/2 price! I also love the wide flat draw. Mine has 3 temp settings - fresh, deli and I can't remember the 3rd (LOL) we can fit 2 litter bottles of soda and a large store bought rotis chicken containers in there with no problem. That draw is amazing. During the holidays I fit a large spring form cheese cake a 2 large deep dish pies in there at the same time.

New Maytag Refrigerator

After many calls to GE about availability of a 23 cu ft bottom freezer Slate refrigerator to complete our kitchen remodel,, we gave up. Kayelle, bless her heart, found a Maytag in black with stainless handles that would look good.
Yesterday was the big day for delivery, and as I was on hold with the delivery center, the truck pulled up! They had to take the doors off the old fridge to get it out of the house, then started unpacking the new one in the street. I was standing on the porch looking down, and the top of the fridge is white! I asked if it was a white refrigerator, and they said it was. I went down and looked at the box, and it was for someone in another town.
They went back in the truck, and sure enough ours was there. We got it installed and running, waiting for the temperature to be correct.
The first thing I did was remove the icemaker, since the water here is lousy, and we have a separate icemaker that uses bottled water.
The next problem was with the top drawer in the freezer, which had a cross divider that was useless. I could not figure out how to remove it, as i was afraid of breaking something.
I Googled the problem, and found the best way to remove it is to remove the top drawer! Back to Google, I found a Youtube video on how to remove the drawer. Without seeing the video, it would be impossible to figure out. We're both really happy with it.
In reloading the door of the refrigerator, we ran out of space. We had saved the old door shelves, and I suggested we try one to see if it fit. Lo and behold, it did! That is why the shelf on the lower right on the door is white and the rest are clear.

Last edited:
WOW, half price MsM !!

img_1422035_0_853eddae8a833c1367ceaeca59689515.jpg
img_1422035_1_2478ca3844037c88bece443a426d6c37.jpg
I spy ... are those small Maggi bottles with the pointy yellow tops on the half size right white door shelf?

I spy ... are those small Maggi bottles with the pointy yellow tops on the half size right white door shelf?

Yep, I use that delicious Maggi all the time after you mentioned it. I have so darn many condiments even after throwing out lots of stuff. That clear plastic shoe box on the top shelf is loaded with condiments too.

I spy a step stool...first thing I bought when I moved out of Mom and Dad's place.

That is a beautiful fridge, enjoy!!!

Now that I will have two refrigerators, I can use one just for condiments.:LOL:

Here you go Taxi. It's a very convenient two drawer system. Gosh it was great to organize.

Top drawer basket..
img_1422043_0_295e2dc838e64d9155972b95f207af8e.jpg

Bottom drawer basket..

img_1422043_1_4304bd23a69f6da41cd329c788ea1aaa.jpg
I love the bottom freezer. I also have 2 draws but they are closed not wire baskets.

Yep, I use that delicious Maggi all the time after you mentioned it. I have so darn many condiments even after throwing out lots of stuff. That clear plastic shoe box on the top shelf is loaded with condiments too.
I have the regular/original flavor and garlic flavor. Glad you like it.

Last edited:
Kayelle, I see you have one velly important consumable on the top shelf, left side. :yum:

Have fun stocking and restocking your fridge. Many happy meals ahead!

And Souschef's leg doesn't look hairy at all. :LOL:

Congrats on your new fridge, guys. I have found I spend a lot of time digging around in those deep freezer bins looking for something that's near the bottom.

That does look easy to organize. You might even find the stuff you are looking for. ;)

Yep, and I'm determined to keep it organized, with designated separate spaces for vegetables, raw meats, cooked foods, nuts&cheese, and one bin for everything else, like the bottom left bin. We keep most of our meat in another 6cu.ft. freezer.

Kayelle, I see you have one velly important consumable on the top shelf, left side. :yum:

Have fun stocking and restocking your fridge. Many happy meals ahead!

And Souschef's leg doesn't look hairy at all. :LOL:

There's always a box of Vella California Chardonnay in it's designated spot.;) His leg isn't as hairy as the rest of him. He does have a mostly hairless head though. :wub:

Back
Top Bottom