"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 05-11-2015, 12:36 PM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
The fridge in the apartment is mine; stove, fridge, washer and dryer in the house will be mine as soon as we get the paperwork finished up and my offer is accepted. I'm sure the assessors will look at everything carefully, since I am the one paying them and they will have Dad looking over their shoulder. Pretty sure my Dad won't let anything get by him, since he is acting as my agent in this matter.
That second fridge will be handy, but will also run up the utility bill if it is not used to full capacity.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:27 PM   #42
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
Same here. Home Depot. Whirlpool makes refrigerators for Kenmore and others. This Whirlpool replaces that old Kenmore of mine which kept mocking me with it's strange gurgling sounds. I talked back to it. "You're getting replaced! How do you like that?! It just ignored me and went on mocking me.
When I was fridge shopping when buying this house, I found this fridge as a Whirlpool at Lowe's, Maytag at Home Depot, and Kenmore and Whirlpool Gold at Sears. The only thing that they changed was the emblem on the front! There was actually nothing different about the "gold" version at sears except that it was more expensive than the Kenmore version.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:50 PM   #43
Certified Pretend Chef

We kept a small white board on our old fridge. We used it to build weekly shopping lists and leave notes for each other.

When we bought the new fridge, we got a new white board. It's magnetic but won't stick to the front of the fridge strongly enough. The metal on the doors is curved so the the flat board can't make contact.

I had to fortify the white board with added magnets to get it to stick to the side of the fridge where it now lives.

Not a problem you expect to have with a new fridge.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:20 PM   #44
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm so glad I can get all my magnets to stick on my fridge.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:28 PM   #45
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'm so glad I can get all my magnets to stick on my fridge.
It's nice to see that there are those that see what's important in life.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:52 PM   #46
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I use magnets to hold recipes on the fridge while I'm cooking. Yes, they are important.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:39 PM   #47
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
We kept a small white board on our old fridge. We used it to build weekly shopping lists and leave notes for each other.

When we bought the new fridge, we got a new white board. It's magnetic but won't stick to the front of the fridge strongly enough. The metal on the doors is curved so the the flat board can't make contact.

I had to fortify the white board with added magnets to get it to stick to the side of the fridge where it now lives.

Not a problem you expect to have with a new fridge.
A flexible magnetic dry erase white board ??? Do they make one? I'll check China's Alibaba. If it's conceivable, Alibaba will have it. You just need to order a minimum of 1000 units.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:51 PM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Fridge shame - secret lives of refrigerators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
A flexible magnetic dry erase white board ??? Do they make one? I'll check China's Alibaba. If it's conceivable, Alibaba will have it. You just need to order a minimum of 1000 units.

We get one every year in the mail from a local funeral home Just stick it on the fridge. It's our daily morbid reminder.

Easy to make. Laminate a stiff piece of paper, stick on some magnet pieces from the magnet tape you can get at Walmart or any craft store, and put on a small piece of stick-on velcro to both your washable marker and the laminated paper.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:59 PM   #49
Certified Pretend Chef

The front of the fridge is normally magnetic so I can stick all kinds of magnets to it.

I glued some magnetic strips to the white board and it now sticks to the less magnetic side of the fridge.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:51 PM   #50
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Fridge shame - secret lives of refrigerators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
We get one every year in the mail from a local funeral home Just stick it on the fridge. It's our daily morbid reminder.

Easy to make. Laminate a stiff piece of paper, stick on some magnet pieces from the magnet tape you can get at Walmart or any craft store, and put on a small piece of stick-on velcro to both your washable marker and the laminated paper.

Caslon, you can also go old-school, and use a little chalkboard. There's also chalkboard paint you can spray on just about anything, like a piece of cardboard, and attach aforsaid pieces of sticky magnet tape to the back and apply to your fridge.

Tags
ham