Funny Looking Mixer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
Does anyone have or have seen this machine?:ermm:

It's kind of a weird strange-looking mixer. It's called the Electrolux Assistant DLX-2000C (formerly the Magic Mill Mixer).

It's made in Sweden and has been said to be very popular and reliable. It comes in a choice of about four or five colors, and the large 8-qt. shiny SS bowl sits on the base like a food processor.

An arm which is part of the base, extends up and over past the back on the machine and has a rubber wheel to spin with the bowl slow or fast, and also has a kneading roller and scraper for the dough and heavy batters for pound cakes and quick breads.

An optional large dough hook comes with it for really stiff doughs.:ROFLMAO:

There is also a supplied durable 6-qt. plastic stationary bowl and a double whipper at no extra cost, that spins around inside the bowl to make whipped cream and beats egg whites for meringues and whips light cake batters.

I ordered one yesterday from the company's website so that I can try it out to see just how it works! It costs about $569.00 though!!:ohmy:

There is no overhead motor, as with most mixers on the market today. Instead, the 450-watt drive motor and transmission are housed in the base and deliver the machine's mixing power from below.

The machine should come in about a week or so, or when it's back in stock at the websites that sell it.:LOL:

There's a pic of the machine at Epinion.com under Mixers, and at the co's website.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Yes, that's it!

I forgot to mention though, that the stainless steel bowl has a whopping 8-quart capacity. That's more capacity than any home mixer on the market today!!

Even the plastic bowl itself that comes with the mixer has a 4.5-quart capacity!

~Corey123.

Last edited:
I have to admit it is a pretty strange looking mixer but the double beaters look like it could do a pretty good job of beating and mixing.
The problem I would have with this is that you aren't getting much for your money except a mixer with a dough beater. You could invest in a large capacity KitchenAid and know that you are getting a top quality product for less and have money left over for accessories. I have the pasta maker, the pasta ejecter set, the ravioli maker, the ice cream machine and the meat grinder for about the same price. The company has a wonderful reputation of standing behind every mixer they sell regardless of how long you've had it. Let us know in a couple of months after you've had a chance to really test it how you like it.

Last edited:
From what I've read on it so far, and from finding out what people who own one think about it, It's a pretty good machine.

But K'Aid is also very good, don't get me wrong. Myself and others like SpiceUmUp should know. He has several and I own two.

One person said that it (Elkectrolux) makes very good dense dough, cake and bread batters very well, but for lighter batters such as angel cake, genoise, sponge cake and so forth, the plastic bowl and whisk assembly handles those better - I imagine because air needs to be incorporated into light cake batters to help them rise better.

It's somewhat like K'Aid and others, where you'd use the whip to beat egg whites and whip cream, the dough hook for bread dough and the flat beater or paddle for general-purpose mixing.

And the large 8-qt. SS bowl and dough roller / scraper is designed to handle up to 20-lbs of dough, according to what I read on it. That's a whole 5-lb bag of flour!!

Not that I'd make that much unless I was doing it for something like a party or a breadfest, but it's good to know that I'll have a mixer that has that much raw power!!

And also, this machine is about 1/2 the price of the newest Bosh mixer which looks almost similar to this machine. That one costs about a whopping $999.00!!
And still, the bowl's capacity is only 6 quarts!!:ohmy:

~Corey123.

Last edited:
And BTW, the co. called saying that the machine will be shipped out on or about the end of the month, and that it should arrive the 1st or 2nd week in August.

~Corey123.

I've never seen one of these before......so they must of came out in 2000. Since I haven't ran into any then they weren't available in my area or they're really good and people are hanging onto them.

According to the co's website, the machine has been around for years, even though they did not specify just exactly how long.

And people have happily written e-mails to the site saying that the machine is like a godsend to them.

I've only heard of the machine maybe like a few years ago. But it gets rave reviews.

~Corey123.

Haha!!

And speaking of Epinions.com, I was about to furnish a review page on it!

Go here to Compare Prices and Read Reviews on Electrolux Assistent Stand Mixer DLX2000C at Epinions.com to see a pic of the machine from a different angle, and to read an Epinions.com member's review on it.

This member is flabbrgasted and says that it's even better than K'Aid Stand Mixers.

But be warned, the machine is not cheap. It's expensive, but yet, the Bosch SS machine is almost twice the cost of the Electrolux Assistant.

But I'm so glad that your wife caught wind of it and now even she wants one also!! Cooking.com has it, as well as a few other websites do, especially the co's own website (address posted above in another post).

The New Cook's Catalog rates it as one of the best mixers that your money can buy!!

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Hello Corey123. I shouldn't have read this post at all... Excuse me while I have a "want, want, want" tantrum over in the corner.

Haha!!

Hi!! I think that this thread is catching on! People who probably never heard of the machine are probably just now finding out about it.

And some are now having the "want-want-want" tantrum over in the corner - much like yourself and myself also!

I want to try it out and see if it's as good as they say that it is, which I believe that it probably is, or if it measures up to or is better than K'Aid.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Corey123 said:
This member is flabbergasted and says that it's even better than K'Aid Stand Mixers.

That's not saying much, IMHO. I disliked my KitchenAid mixer so much that I sold it on eBay. I found it to be just another overpriced, trendy gadget that looked great sitting on the counter but wasn't worth the cost or the aggravation of using it. So I bought a Sunbeam MixMaster like my mom had (but updated), and I'm much happier.

I know that's considered heresy by some, but I found that the KitchenAid was incapable of mixing all the ingredients well, leaving unincorporated eggs or flour or whatnot on the bottom of the bowl, which necessitated frequent stopping of the motor to move the head out of the way and scrape the bowl. That's not a problem with the MixMaster, in part because the beaters come closer to the side and bottom of the bowl, and it's possible to scrape the bowl as it turns.

It sounds as if the "funny looking mixer" Corey is asking about may combine the best features of both -- although it won't look as cool and trendy as the KitchenAid sitting unused on the counter. Ah, well, life is about choices!

It sounds as if the "funny looking mixer" Corey is asking about may combine the best features of both -- although it won't look as cool and trendy as the KitchenAid sitting unused on the counter.

Now, see, I think this Electrolux mixer is super cool looking. And it certainly would be a conversation starter.

My concern with it is that although it sounds as if it does the more mundane chores even better than other mixers, it seems primarily aimed at the breadmaking crowd, particularly those who make large quantities of bread. I don't do that. I shamefully admit to buying my bread.

So I have a feeling it might be overkill for someone like me who would use it for cakes and cookies.

OMG!!

FryBoy, you could have adjusted the motor head so that the beater(s) could have been closer to the bottom of the bowl! But only the flat beater and the whip - not the dough hook.

I wish you had thought of that before you sold it. Both of my K'Aid Stand mixers can be adjusted like that.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
suzyQ3 said:
It sounds as if the "funny looking mixer" Corey is asking about may combine the best features of both -- although it won't look as cool and trendy as the KitchenAid sitting unused on the counter.

Now, see, I think this Electrolux mixer is super cool looking. And it certainly would be a conversation starter.

My concern with it is that although it sounds as if it does the more mundane chores even better than other mixers, it seems primarily aimed at the breadmaking crowd, particularly those who make large quantities of bread. I don't do that. I shamefully admit to buying my bread.

So I have a feeling it might be overkill for someone like me who would use it for cakes and cookies.

You'd also be able to make large amounts of cake batter with it, for instance a small 3-tier wedding cake or several loaves of banana bread.

The 6-qt. plastic bowl and whip assembly that comes with it, according to the co., can whip up to 20 egg whites for meringue at once!!

~Corey123.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware that the model I had was adjustable (I forget the number, but it was the cheaper home model of the KitchenAid with the tilt head). I saw nothing in the manual about lowering the head. Anyway, I hated having to stop and tilt the head to add ingredients (the stupid plastic slide thing didn't work well) and to scrape the bowl, which is usually necessary with any mixer.

Well, according to K'Aid, there is less scraping of the bowl because of the unique mixing action which is planetary mixing.

K'Aid (Hobart) invented it! Other brand mixers that have it are just copycat
machines of K'aid.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
I'm aware of the claim, but I didn't find it to be accurate. One problem was that I usually don't make huge quantities of anything -- I suspect it works better with large jobs.

Like the K'Aid KPFP850PM that I just got, It's designed to handle constant everyday use.

This mixer is also designed to handle large quantities of bread dough, cake batter, egg whites for meringue and large amounts of whipping cream.

Put simply, it's for the serious baker or cook who entertains or likes to make large quntities of baked goods. I plan to start back selling cakes and breads again like I used to do in the '70s and '80s, so I thought I'd buy it and give it a whirl.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom