Gas oven vs electric oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The floor of my gas oven has holes along the two sides. When I turn on the oven, I can see the flames through the holes. I've never had a gas stove vented to the outside and never died of CO poisoning. My three CO detectors have never signaled a warning either.

It would be an interesting experiment to cook the identical dish in both a gas and electric oven and see if anyone could detect the difference. I remain convinced you could not.

The floor of my gas oven has holes along the two sides. When I turn on the oven, I can see the flames through the holes. I've never had a gas stove vented to the outside and never died of CO poisoning. My three CO detectors have never signaled a warning either.

It would be an interesting experiment to cook the identical dish in both a gas and electric oven and see if anyone could detect the difference. I remain convinced you could not.

I have a gas oven too. I agree 100%, there would be no difference in most items. An interesting experiment would involve something that does better in a humid environment--ONLY SLIGHTLY (gas oven) by comparison with a dry environment (electric oven). Cheese cake? Souffle? I am not sure what exactly.

Was just trying to come up with an idea. For example, I doubt if a roast would care which type of oven it was cooked in...

Unless the roast is very extroverted and prone to sharing feelings, I doubt I'd know if it cared one way or another.:LOL:;)

Frank--when you use water in your oven to bake--does the loaf get a nice thick crusty crispy outside?

My roasts are very quiet and tending towards the rare side of medium rare. :) My horseradish however is bold and extroverted! They make a fine couple!

I brush the bread with milk when I am done, so the crust isn't going to be crunchy.

I usually make bread for sandwiches.

Frank, Bakechef, thank you for the information on affecting the texture of the bread and the crust.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom