"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 06-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #11
Master Chef

i HAVE TWO ge GAS STOVES IN THE HOUSE AND AM VERY HAPPY WITH BOTH OF THEM. oNE HAS 4 BURNERS AND THE OTHER ONE HAS 5. Oops, sorry. Have to say I do not use that 5-th burner, maybe couple-three times in the last year and a half since I bought the stove.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:43 AM   #12
Assistant Cook

Thanks CharlieD!! I was wondering about that and if I would need that 5th burner. I have never really thought, "Boy, I sure wish I had a 5th burner." So, I might just stick to 4. It helps to hear what you had to say. Do you favor one stove over the other and what kind of stoves do you have (if you are comfortable in saying).

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Old 06-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #13
Master Chef

I can post models when I get home. I don't think I favor one over another. I keep kosher and cannot mix meat and dairy products, so I basically have two kitchens. Two stoves, two sinks, two sets of dishes and pots.

I think both stoves perform very comparably; one is older than the other. I used to have Kitchen Aid glass top that broke and I had to replace it. I bought the 5 burner one. I was very excited to buy it, but really don’t think I have utilized it. I don’t even know why, I had all this big plans to use the griddle that comes for that middle burner, but as a habit I keep using the frying pan.

They both have one big burner and one small, and two regular ones. Tea boils pretty fast on the big burner, so doe’s water for soup. I use that burner a lot.
There is a post below where I described the problem with burning of the food in the oven, but it was my fault.