GE Appliances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chicks

Senior Cook
When we bought our house and redid the kitchen in 04 we put in an entire GE kitchen, SXS refridgerator, Cooktop, double ovens, dishwasher, washer, dryer and second refridgerator. We have had problems with everything. Of late we were told that the washer was unrepairable (we are an adult family no kids, grand kids) and needed to be junked at the ripe old age of 5 years. The SXS fridge had had the mother board replaced the door thawed out countless times and the doors realigned. The DW I finally fixed with a zip tab on the top water access and I had to take the door apart on the ovens to tighten the handle. The dryer's timer dies every time we have a thunder storm and the small fridge freezes everything on the top shelf. Oh I like my cook top !! To top it off the appliance store, a small local place charges $60 to walk through the door. Sorry just venting but I wanted to warn you about GE, they used to be good but not any more.
C

I feel for you Chicks.
My washing machine is a Maytag and the guy that came to repair my fridge said that they were bought out by Whirlpool and everyone is waiting to see if they're going to be as good as they were in the beginning. The washer is about 20 years old and is a work horse. I hate to think about getting a new one someday. But, I will think 2x about GE.
When we moved from Florida to Tx our dryer took a powder and we had to buy a new one. It was a Kenmore and was almost 18 years old. I thought that was a good run and we bought another one. So far so good but then again that was...maybe 4 weeks ago.
If I was in your situation I have to tell you I'd be max PO'd. But I would have to pay the $60.00 to get a pros eye on the stuff.

Back
Top Bottom