GE Profile Refrigerators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aurora

Senior Cook
My refrigerator gave up after 16 years of faithful service. It was an Amana 25 cf side by side.

The top of my list after researching the alternatives now available is the GE Profile line (http://www.geappliances.com/products/introductions/side_by_side/downloads/sidebyside_brochure.pdfhttp://www.geappliances.com/products/brands/profile.htm. I'm looking at the 26 cf Model PSS26PST in stainless steel. It has something GE calls ClimateKeeper 2 which is a dual evaporator system. One for the freezer compartment and one for the refrigerator which means that the refrigerator won't dry out the foods in the refrigerator yet the freezer will stay frost free.

Anyone here have any experience with GE refrigerators or any suggestions for alternatives?

We're on our second GE Profile (we moved and replaced the fridge in the new house with one). We like the line because it offers a good counter-depth side-by-side. We've been satisfied, although the uppermost shelf in the freezer compartment is way too flimsy, but that's minor.

I don't know whether ours, which is close to two years old, has the dual evaporator system. .

My parents have had nothing, but trouble with their Subzero. It is a very nice looking fridge and it is very spacious inside, but they have had to spend $$$ to constantly have it repaired.

BigDog said:
Personal opinion, but GE and drugs, just say NO!

Again, personal opinion.

I must be missing the big picture, because I don't understand this. What's the beef with GE, as opposed to any other manufacturer fo refrigerators?

For a over a year now I've had the GE Profile Arctica with the computer controlled defrosting drawer (meaning I can put in a large frozen turkey, calculate the weight and decide what day I want it ready for the oven) and it will rapid chill bottles of wine or whatever I put in that drawer. Very cool features as long as they're used. I have all GE profile: side by side fridge (rapid ice gets used a lot), convection oven (which tells me when the full prime rib is perfect, has a dough proofing program too!) and convection microwave which is my second convection oven above the stove. All are fully programmable computers. I can't say enough about these appliances. I'm still learning all of their features after all this time of constant use. My dishwasher is a Bosche (like the spark plug) and that awesome thing is my only diversion from the GE line. All are energy efficient. We finally concluded that we work hard in life and deserve it!
Jaye

I've got a GE Profile.

It's 7 years old and has been acting up.

There is a class action suit regarding these refrigerators. I haven't checked to see if my problems are covered.

http://bringgoodthingstolife.org/

Do some detailed research to pick a good one, whatever it is.

thymeless

I have a Kenmore 21.7 cu. ft. Top and the color is Bisque. My last refrigerator was an Amana and I had it for almost 20 some odd years. I like my new refrigerator and I did a lot of looking on the internet before I went to Sears.

The freezer is on the top and the bottom is the refrigerator.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom