George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chopstix

Head Chef
Last Christmas, I saw this being sold in a department store here. I considered getting it for Christmas for my dad but the price tag stopped me. (Something like $73). I passed by the same place last week and apparently they sold out like hotcakes, making me feel like kicking myself. Fortunately, they said another batch may be coming in a coupla months and they are taking orders now.

I think I've seen several references to the GF in this forum in the past. Any reviews? Should I order one? Thanks!

I had one years ago, but did not like it. I think I am in the minority though. I know a ton of people who love theirs.

i loved mine. i highly recommend it. if you are able to, get the ones with the removable plates. makes cleaning it a whole lot easier.

I've had my GF for a couple years and love it!
I normally do most of my grilling the BBQ. But, when the weather don't permit BBQ, (I don't have a covered patio,) I crank up the GF.
Chops and steaks cook fat free, in fact almost too dry.

My favorite :D
Grilled cheese with Bacon. Cook the bacon first. No splatter, grease drips in to tray. A quick wipe of bacon grease. I butter my sandwich bread sprinkle on parmensan cheese and sesame seeds, build the sandwich cheese and bacon and pop it on the grill.

Charlie

We have a GF grill and really like it. I'm totally in agreement with Middie about getting one of the newer ones with the removable grill plates, as ours is a "bugger" to clean. It's very efficient and we keep ours in the motor home to use exclusively when camping. It's really handy and faster/easier than lighting a regular propane grill. When ours goes, we will definitely replace it, but with the easier to clean model.

I got one, I hardly use it though IMOHO it presses the juice out of food like hamburger, steaks, chops ect. I don't recomend it for that application. However it is good for hot dogs and sausages. And great for panini sammiches. Bacon would be good on it too. So think about what you would be cooking on it before you buy one.

Oh My Gosh! I love grilled cheese and bacon. Everytime I tell someone about it they look at me. Thank Gosh someone who eats grilled cheese and bacon

When I was single, I had two, both small. I normally used the slightly bigger one. It was great for cooking one chicken breast, or one steak, without heating up the entire apartment.

nicole said:
Oh My Gosh! I love grilled cheese and bacon. Everytime I tell someone about it they look at me. Thank Gosh someone who eats grilled cheese and bacon

I love this too. Add in a slice of tomato and I am in heaven.

nicole said:

nicole,
This has been a favorite of mine for more years than I like to remember.

After a night of "Honky-Tonking" we would end up at someones house do Grilled Cheese with bacon. Maybe if some one had a payday we may splurge and use HAM :!:

This was probably before George Foreman was born. :LOL:

I bet you like another favorite of mine. Peanut butter and banana sandwiches with a big mug of cold beer :LOL:

GB --
When do you put on the tomato? Before grilling or after :?:

I would think the tomato would make it soggy if you put it on before grilling. :?

Charlie

Hungry said:
nicole said:
GB --
When do you put on the tomato? Before grilling or after :?:

I would think the tomato would make it soggy if you put it on before grilling. :?
[/color]

I slice it thin and put it on before grilling (just one slice). The tomato gets soft, but the sandwich does not get soggy. Give it a try next time you make a grilled cheese. You will be converted. I also sprinkle a little (or a lot) of garlic powder on before grilling.

When the band Phish was still around, one of my favorite things was buying garlic grilled cheese in the parking lot before and after the shows. $1 for a sandwich. Those were always the best grilled cheese sandwiches ever.

PolishedTopaz said:
I got one, I hardly use it though IMOHO it presses the juice out of food like hamburger, steaks, chops ect. I don't recomend it for that application. However it is good for hot dogs and sausages. And great for panini sammiches. Bacon would be good on it too. So think about what you would be cooking on it before you buy one.

I tried bacon on mine and did not like it. The GF grill did not get the bacon crispy enough for me. You are right, it is great for sandwiches.

I've been walking past GF grills in the shop for years, but the other day saw one with three free Scwartz spices and couldn't resist. And to my surprise I have used it every day since. I have used it for burgers, low fat sausages, chicken breast, tuna, salmon and steak. I find it cooks very quickly and am still trying to perfect steak on it.

I definitely recommend it.

Hungry, have you thought about getting a pop-up tent?

Back
Top Bottom