Getting a FoodSaver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Finally ordered one, hopefully get it this week. I have the Reynold's handi vac but I wanted Food saver for bigger quantities and hopefully easier to use. Those Reynold bags don't always want to seal. :mad:

Which one did you order? I know there's a new upright model available now.
And I still love my handi-vac. Once in a while I'll get a bad bag, but that happens with the FS, too.

Make sure to get some canisters. They are a bit pricey, but well worth it IMO. Have fun with your new toy. You will love it!

The generic bags at WalMart work just fine and save a bit of money, too.
Keep your foam gaskets clean and moisten before use. That helps a lot.
Make sure you don't suck juices into the machine... kiss of death they say.

Congratulations... you will love it! As GB mentioned, the canisters are a great addition and I use them quite a bit. Thanks for the tip on the bags at Walmart GG!

And I still love my handi-vac. Once in a while I'll get a bad bag, but that happens with the FS, too.
I got the V3840 upright model, with the
FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System with Exclusive SmartSeal™ Technology

The generic bags at WalMart work just fine and save a bit of money, too.
Keep your foam gaskets clean and moisten before use. That helps a lot.
Make sure you don't suck juices into the machine... kiss of death they say.

thanks for the information, I will keep it in mind.

I had a whole box of bad bags. :mad: which is why I am investing in the food saver.

I got the V3840 upright model, with the
FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System with Exclusive SmartSeal™ Technology

I've got the V2860 which I think came out right before yours. Is yours the one that is used in an upright position? Mine is an upright to store, not to use. It's nice that it doesn't take up so much room on the counter. You just push a button to release it. You will love yours! I love the marinating canisters. Enjoy!!

Barb

I've got the V2860 which I think came out right before yours. Is yours the one that is used in an upright position? Mine is an upright to store, not to use. It's nice that it doesn't take up so much room on the counter. You just push a button to release it. You will love yours! I love the marinating canisters. Enjoy!!

Barb

yes it is upright to use as well as storing it . :)

Congratulations!!! I want the V2860, too! It's on my Christmas list...only I don't think anyone is reading that list but me! :dry: :ROFLMAO: I was just in Kitchen Collections drooling over it this past Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom