Halogen Oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pamsdish

Assistant Cook
After the death of my husband saw an ad for Halogen Ovens , so being gadget freak :rolleyes: I bought one as it seemed a good idea cooking for 1 and freezing the excess ,bought 3 books from Amazon :ermm:
I am still on a steep learning curve ;) does anyone else have 1, browsed for sites with recipes ,very sparse :huh:
Any tips or suggestions for simple everyday use ,very welcome :ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is still in its box in the basement...I bought it earlier this Spring (while moving) and haven't used it yet. My brother really likes his (and convinced me to get one). He uses it a lot to make chicken--he likes to cook his chicken a little bit longer (I think he said it was done in 45 minutes--but too juicy for his taste--he likes his chicken a bit dry...ugh). I really should take it out this weekend. I have a pork roast to cook...and a venison roast...which one to make...

Mine is still in its box in the basement...I bought it earlier this Spring (while moving) and haven't used it yet. My brother really likes his (and convinced me to get one). He uses it a lot to make chicken--he likes to cook his chicken a little bit longer (I think he said it was done in 45 minutes--but too juicy for his taste--he likes his chicken a bit dry...ugh). I really should take it out this weekend. I have a pork roast to cook...and a venison roast...which one to make...

Which model? :ermm:

I'd have to actually sample someones halogen oven cooked meal to tell if they are worth a try.

Last edited:
Which model? :ermm:

I'd have to actually sample someones halogen oven cooked meal to tell if they are worth a try.
I'd have to go downstairs and look at the box! Which, I have to do shortly, have some things to return to their storage spots in the basement.

Halogen

Book I read about on another web site arrived yesterday,"the every day halogen cookbook" Sarah Flowers, that was very informative ,as it says basic recipes and how to do`s. Much more helpful.
Last night 4 chicken thighs into casserole dish sauce over the top ,gave it an hour .It was cooked well before that time ,Frozen nan bread onto top rack while I cooked seperately a small amount of rice ,and it was lovely ,thighs juicy,could have done with a little more sauce ,my fault, as I wanted to freeze leftovers for quick meals .

Last edited:
Book I read about on another web site arrived yesterday,"the every day halogen cookbook" Sarah Flowers, that was very informative ,as it says basic recipes and how to do`s. Much more helpful.
Last night 4 chicken thighs into casserole dish sauce over the top ,gave it an hour .It was cooked well before that time ,Frozen nan bread onto top rack while I cooked seperately a small amount of rice ,and it was lovely ,thighs juicy,could have done with a little more sauce ,my fault, as I wanted to freeze leftovers for quick meals .
My brother likes his because he can cook stuff that is partial frozen/frozen and get a meal at the end. I will drag mine out of the basement--soon.

Back
Top Bottom