Have a new KitchenAid food processor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schoolgirl

Senior Cook
Hey everybody, I haven't posted in so long on this website even though I am a member. When I received a happy birthday greeting I realized I hadn't been here in a long time. I had forgotten what a great place this is to come. I could read on and on. There is a wealth of info. My reason for posting is my new processor. Does anyone know of a good recipe book for f.p. The book that came with mine did not have any. Also, this is going to sound crazy but I make my own detergent and need to shred the soap. I assume this wont hurt the disk.I just don't want to damage it. I hope I have made some sense. It is late and time for me to turn in. Thanks, Faye

I'd recommend getting a cheap hand shredder for that purpose. Unless you want your food smelling and tasting like soap.

Thanks Corey, I guess I could continue to use the old box grater for that. In fact I do still have my old food processor that is about worn out but will still run enough to grate that soap, I may keep it around just for that. I sure don't want to ruin my new one. Faye

I would not worry about your food tasting like soap. You use soap to wash it afteall. I would cut it up into smaller pieces first though. Four quarters should do it.

Thanks Michael for the links for recipes. I have heard the fp bible is really good. I haven't used the fp very much since I sliced my thumb the first day I got it.:rolleyes: Those disk are really sharp!!!;)
You know GB, that was my thoughts too about washing it afterwards would get it clean, but then again I thought I might be wrong. Like I said earlier on the post I have an old one that I could use for making the detergent but I really hate to keep it because it smells like the motor gets hot when I use it and too it is taking up good space under the cabinet. I know one thing the new one sure does operate quiet and smooth. Thanks, Faye

I have and old Robot Coupe processor, come to think of it. If anyone wants it, they can have it. It still works I just don't like the small feed tube.

Corey123,
Please let me know if your offer still stands, I live in Michigan and can find out how much would cust to ship here and send you the money.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom