Help-New Wolf Convection Steam Oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SC Tiger

Assistant Cook
Just got one, and I have no idea where to begin. Is there a "Steam oven for dummies book" or some website to go to?

I have read up on how to use it, but when do i use the regular wolf convectoin oven/microwave convectoin oven?

What meals are best to use the steam oven?

Sorta guessing here, since I don't have an oven like this, but steaming is generally used for vegetables and fish. I personally don't like steamed food much; I think it waters down the flavor of the food. A microwave also uses moist heat and generally cooks things faster. I use mine for rice, par-cooking some foods, thawing frozen foods, and reheating.

Convection uses air circulation to even out the temperature in a regular oven, so I'm guessing that would be for baking or roasting, where you want dry heat.

Check out those videos. Some of them talk about specific meals made in it. Also, did your oven not come with a cookbook? We got an advanced microwave that has an infrared light that makes it work like a regular oven, but you have to use a metal plate on the bottom rather than the glass one used for microwaving. It came with a user's guide and a separate cookbook. Or, there might be one on the manufacturer's website.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom