"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances
Old 03-05-2016, 12:59 AM   #1
Assistant Cook
Help with Coffee Machine

Hello everybody, I'm a reader in the shadows though today I decided to join to request some help I believe coffee lovers may be up for the task.
I'm looking for a DeLonghi Magnifica for a while as it seems a good automatic espresso machine and found it on promotion. I've used a DeLonghi Nespresso for years and I'm really done with pod coffee, but I'm not really a pro on this kind of automatic machines, any advice is welcome!

houdini_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:29 PM   #2
Senior Cook
Wow, congrats. Looks like a pro grade machine almost.

Be sure to follow the recommended cleaning procedures. Coffee makers have to be descaled periodically usually with vinegar to keep the coffee tasting good and not bitter.

jd_1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 05:58 AM   #3
Wine Guy
I've had a couple of what are generally referred to as "super automatic" espresso machines over the last 12 years. Both were Gaggia.

What kind of advice were you looking for?
Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:02 AM   #4
Assistant Cook
Advice on espresso machine

Different types of espresso machines are available in the market nowadays and before spending money on a machine, it is important to determine your needs. However, daily use demands a higher quality machine otherwise less expensive machines would be enough. I have bought an Electrolux 24-inch built-in stainless steel automatic espresso maker from Best brand appliances, Canada. It has pre-programmed coffee selections, an LCD digital display, automatic self-cleaning before every brew cycle and cappuccino function for the preparation of cappuccino with fresh milk.
Ami90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:19 AM   #5
Admiral of the Texas Navy
Sounds like you are looking for an espresso machine. Seattle Coffee Gear has a great selection of new and refurbished machines. I've had really good experiences with them in the past. https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/on-sale/refurbished

"I must say as to what I have seen of Texas it is the garden spot of the world. The best land and the best prospects for health I ever saw, and I do believe it is a fortune to any man to come here."
Davy Crockett, 1836
forty_caliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:11 PM   #6
Head Chef
The OP has never been back since his/her first and last post was made in March. Guess they didn't really want any help after all.
medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 02:13 PM   #7
Honey Badger
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
The OP has never been back since his/her first and last post was made in March. Guess they didn't really want any help after all.
The Op's name houdini_

We can assume that Houdini has disappeared.

If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote