"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 10-17-2013, 06:33 AM   #31
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
That's a nice looking unit. And it has knobs, which I prefer over soft touch buttons.
not as nice lookin' as it was mate!pic was taken when it was new...like i said "bugger to keep clean"but it's had some hammer over the last two years & it's gotta be good value at much less than 100.oh yeah,you have the option of fan assisted,conventional,top heat or bottom heat only as well as rotisserie in the oven....bargain!!

Old 10-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Well, I was tucked up in bed with my tablet last night, so didn't want to get dressed and go downstairs

This is the one I have: Amazon.com: Hamilton Beach Set & Forget Toaster Oven with Convection Cooking: Kitchen & Dining

How do I know for sure? It looked like it in a Google search; when I went to the Amazon page, there's a note there that said "You purchased this item on November 17, 2012."

I like it a lot. It works well and is easy to clean. It has two slots for the oven rack and recommends that you use the one in the center vertically for toasting and the lower one for baking and roasting; it leaves plenty of room above the food. It can also switch to warm after baking or roasting for a specific period of time, and it comes with a probe thermometer.

It's built so that a minimum distance is maintained between the back of the unit and the wall, so there's always ventilation space. There used to be problems older toaster ovens overheating, but those have long been resolved with better designs.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #33
Executive Chef

good looking piece of kit gg.looks like it was designed & built by nasa not hamilton beach!!
found this one on the argos site(where i bought mine)ok,so it hasn't got the hob plates but it has got the rotisserie & at 50/$75 i think it's one to buy now,while it's on half price offer,leave in the box & it's there to take over if & when mine packs up.sounds like a plan to me!!
Buy Morphy Richards KWS1525X-F2UB Rotisserie Mini Oven - Silver at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Mini ovens.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I think we don't get the hobs on top because it would take a long time for them to heat up with our 110 Volts as opposed to the European 220 Volts.

We have an Australian electric kettle. It's fast. Stirling's dad installed the right kind of 220 Volt plug in our stove.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Well it sounds like I can get every bit as good an oven without spending $250 on a Breville. I like the sounds of that!
Old 10-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Well it sounds like I can get every bit as good an oven without spending $250 on a Breville. I like the sounds of that!
Yup! Like we keep telling newbies, "Just Ask!" You certainly go a plethora of information to mull over.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Whelp, I pulled the trigger on the compact Breville.
I was all set to buy the larger one because several reviewers of the compace model had said they had wished they would have gone with the larger unit. And the compact is not convection, but then I got out my tape measure... Those extra 2" the larger one was would really be eating into where I like to keep the toaster oven.
So the compact it is.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I was all set to buy the larger one because several reviewers of the compace model had said they had wished they would have gone with the larger unit. And the compact is not convection, but then I got out my tape measure... Those extra 2" the larger one was would really be eating into where I like to keep the toaster oven.
So the compact it is.
Good for you. A new toy and a needed one. Enjoy it and we expect to see plenty of photos of all the good foods you can now bake.

For the first meal I would suggest a baked stuffed lobster.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

lol, actually I want to finally bake my own brownies and have them come out.
The next best thing.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #40
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
So the compact it is.
I thought the compact was the best because of size plus features. Good luck!

Tags
oven