"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 07-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Hot air cooker?

What is this called: 批发采购电热炉-【加力加】12升微电脑光波/卤素炉JLH-63AD批发采购-电热...

I realize that most of you cannot read Chinese but maybe you can identify just from the picture.

What is this good for? Are there things this can do much better than other devices? reduced oil useage? cooking time? etc. I use a crock pot a lot - as much as possible. I also use an electric chaffing dish and my oven. Besides good taste I am looking at issues like reduced heating of the kitchen, reduced power consumption, easy clean up, reduced need for oils to cook....

Old 07-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengyou View Post
I realize that most of you cannot read Chinese but maybe you can identify just from the picture.

Dag nab it....Picture won't work!!

Old 07-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengyou View Post
What is this called: 批发采购电热炉-【加力加】12升微电脑光波/卤素炉JLH-63AD批发采购-电热...

What is this good for? Are there things this can do much better than other devices? reduced oil useage? cooking time? etc. I use a crock pot a lot - as much as possible. I also use an electric chaffing dish and my oven. Besides good taste I am looking at issues like reduced heating of the kitchen, reduced power consumption, easy clean up, reduced need for oils to cook....
it's a halogen or infrared cooker.apart from that i've never used one peng so can't help....sorry it's all chinese to me!!
InfraChef 72-4821 InfraChefT Family Size Halogen Oven Plus Extras
Old 07-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
Senior Cook

This is similar to the Nuwave and Flavorwave ovens. I'm on my third oven,( stupid plastic dome!), and love how it cooks. When this one breaks I'm going to get a glass one. I love how it cooks roasts and whole chickens. I have done entire meals and am impressed with the results. They are especially nice during the summers when it terribly hot and humid. If you search the two mentioned brands above many recipes can be found. I don't think you will be disappointed if you purchase one!