How long does it take to warm up your stove?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How long does it take to warm up your stove to 400 deg.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
It takes 30 minutes to preheat the oven to 400 deg Fahrenheit (about 204 Celsius) what a piece of junk. Need a new stove!

How do you add a poll here? Wanted to ask how long does it take to warm up your stove to that temperature. Aha, hear it is.

P.S. i have glass top gas Kitchen Aid.

Last edited:
my old one took about 10-15 minutes. now i have a new one. it's not hooked up yet we just got it yesterday so i'll have to get back to you on that

I see you figured out how to do a poll!

My problem isn't warming the oven up... it's cooling it down.
Sometimes the silly fan won't go off for an hour. And it's loud!

I've never timed it, but I doesn't take more than 10 minutes to heat up to any temp I've ever used, up to 425 F. Frigidaire glasstop... I love my range. :chef:

middie said:
my old one took about 10-15 minutes. now i have a new one. it's not hooked up yet we just got it yesterday so i'll have to get back to you on that

Yea! You finally got a new oven/stove!

I have a Maytag gas oven. It's about 6 months old. I've never timed it but it probably takes about 10 minutes to heat to 400. I've been really happy with it so far.

Mine is an electric Moffat. Never had trouble with it except blowing out the element on the day before Easter Sunday!!!

I've had my oven, a glass top(electric) Frigidaire, for about 5 years now & it only takes 10 minutes, 15 tops, to pre-heat.

Last edited:
10 min maximum - got a new stove last year from my parents for my birthday:)

pdswife said:
I see you figured out how to do a poll!

pdswife - when you post a new thread, scroll down before you hit "submit' and you'll see where it asks you if you want a poll. Click on that, but also type in how many things you want on the poll (max is 10).
I've learned the best way is to type out every option on an email, then copy/paste it onto the poll. (this is because once you've clicked submit, your question goes into new posts. Then it's time to make the poll. If you wait too long, folks will start to wonder where you poll is!)
Hope that made sense!

Yep we got a Frigidaire gas stove for cheaper than they were selling it for because the only one they had left was the floor model and it had a small scratch on the side. No big deal to me.

I was thrilled with my dual-fuel Daycor when we first got it. Stovetop cooking with gas was very important to me as was the speed with which electric elements could bring the oven up to temperature quickly.

But in spite of paying a rather large amount of money (dual fuel stoves weren't that popular eight years ago), the oven portion has been fraught with problems. :(

I thought the last straw was going to be when the interior light circuit quit (the bulb is fine), but the lack of light hides how dirty the oven is. :D

Tom

everything works fine, but it's a basic electric...small burners, no oven light or window. I would love gas top, 6 burners, electric convection oven, second oven.

Kennmore glass top electric. If it took me a half hour to heat the oven, I'd never use it. Not big in the patience department. I don't think I've ever -- and believe me, I've cooked on and in everything -- run into an oven that took even 20 minutes to come to temp. Yours needs to be fixed.

Back
Top Bottom