How many appliances do you have on your counter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my - too many! Blender, juicer, Cuisinart food processor, Kitchen-aid stand mixer on one side of the room. On the other side: espresso maker, small coffee maker, large coffee maker, toaster oven, coffee grinder. Water cooler and microwave on a cabinet next to the counter. I use all of these so often, I don't want to drag them out of a cupboard or shelf.

In one counter I have a toaster and an Espresso/Coffee machine, while the other one has a stand mixer, blender and a hand juicer.

Zero.

I do have a microwave on it's on cart to the side, but my counter is bare except for the soap and sponge sitting on the sink. I'm sort of OCD about the kitchen, so I keep the appliances in the cabinets below the counter. I have a toaster, food processor, mixer, and a rice cooker readily available. I also keep my crockpot and an electric griddle on top of a large pantry cabinet.

And I don't drink coffee, otherwise there would probably be a coffee maker on the counter. Also, when I get a KitchenAid mixer, it will be proudly displayed on my counter.

Appliances

I have the juice mixer, coffee maker and the electric kettle at the top. I use them almost everyday so they have to stay there.

coffee pot... that's it. I have almost NO countertop right now my kitchen is a horror. It will be demolished SOON (expect to see me in the "Grilling Forum" alot this summer. There is only room for a dishrack on one side of the sink and a small bit of counter on the other where the coffee pot and utensil holder sit and all chopping is done. UGH I cannot wait to rip the wretched thing out and start over. The microwave lives on the fridge. I have a submersion blender that lives in one of the two drawers and thats it for appliances.

don't have much room... coffee grinder and toaster.
But if you ask how many I have in the hall closet.........
The only other one I would leave out if I had the space would be the KA mixer anyway.
We make drip coffee w/ the melita cone on the stove so I dont have that to worry about.

All of them! I just moved, I'm still unpacking, and I haven't decided where to put anything yet.:ROFLMAO:

4... a Kitchenaid stand mixer, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. All are used daily, except the mixer isn't quite every day.

My prized Hobart Kitchen Aid Mixer, Cuisinart Food Processor and our Microwave. Every other appliance is tucked away as I don't use them as often.

Congrats on the move, Caine. What's your new kitchen like? Will you have room for all your appliances and kitchen goods?
I'll find room for everything, some day. I'll have plenty of room elsewhere for things that don't get every day use, such as the George Foreman and the electric griddle, because both my pantry and my linen closet are much larger than the ones in my condo were. My biggest problem is my pots & pans wall rack. It's 54 inches across, and I don't have any bare wall section in the kitchen that's more than 45 inches wide. I think it's going to have to go around a corner somewhere. But, not to worry, because kitchen remodeling is near the top of my "to do" list. Maybe as soon as next spring. First on my list though is new living room furniture (my current furniture is over 20 years old), my serenity garden in the front yard, and painting the outside of the house. Right now it is white, with a medium blue trim, and I don't like it at all. I'm thinking stucco tan with dark brown wood trim. I already had the entire insdie painted. It was all done in this really light blue, and it reminded me of being in a hospital. Now, every room is a different color.

Last edited:
I'll find room for everything, some day. I'll have plenty of room elsewhere for things that don't get every day use, such as the George Foreman and the electric griddle, because both my pantry and my linen closet are much larger than the ones in my condo were. My biggest problem is my pots & pans wall rack. It's 54 inches across, and I don't have any bare wall section in the kitchen that's more than 45 inches wide. I think it's going to have to go around a corner somewhere. But, not to worry, because kitchen remodeling is near the top of my "to do" list. Maybe as soon as next spring. First on my list though is new living room furniture (my current furniture is over 20 years old), my serenity garden in the front yard, and painting the outside of the house. Right now it is white, with a medium blue trim, and I don't like it at all. I'm thinking stucco tan with dark brown wood trim. I already had the entire insdie painted. It was all done in this really light blue, and it reminded me of being in a hospital. Now, every room is a different color.
Wow, it sounds great, Caine. Maybe you could post some pics (hint, hint). Particularly if you're going to do a kitchen remodel. You have to have "before" pics so you can remind yourself why the heck you started this in the first place! A serenity garden sounds lovely. Will you have a water feature? Anyway, good luck and keep us posted on your projects in the new house!

I keep the most used ones out on the counter: Food processor, KitchenAid stand mixer, 2 Coffee makers, coffee grinder, Blender, Electric food grinder and electric can opener.
We have 2 coffee makers because hubby and I don't drink the same coffee. He has his Chock full o nuts preground and I like my whole bean Gevalia. :)

Goodness, and my wife complains because I have a coffe grinder, toaster oven and microwave on the counter.

We only have a microwave, coffee maker and toaster oven on the counters.
The rest of the small appliances and cookware are stored on a 5 shelf chrome wire rack in the corner of our kitchen/dining room. Works really well.:)

Wow, it sounds great, Caine. Maybe you could post some pics (hint, hint). Particularly if you're going to do a kitchen remodel. You have to have "before" pics so you can remind yourself why the heck you started this in the first place! A serenity garden sounds lovely. Will you have a water feature? Anyway, good luck and keep us posted on your projects in the new house!

Great! I have discovered that most of the appliances I use the most don't fit on the shelves under the counter, but the ones I hardly ever see any more do.

It's too late for true "before" pictures. I already had the entire inside painted because the idiot that owned the house before me painted every room, including the ceilings and cupboards, light blue. When I find my camera, I'll take a pic of the finished kitchen as it is now, then some afters when I remodel the whole thing.

Yes, my serenty garden will have a roundabout pathway which will take you from the front door through the entire garden and back to the front door, a water feature, a semisecluded contemplation area, a sand and rock garden, lots of flowering trees and shrubs, ground cover, and NO GRASS! The area is already surrounded by a wrought iron and brick fence with hibiscus crawling all over it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom