How many Fridge/Freezers in your home?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How many fridgerator/freezers do you have in your home?

• only 1

Votes: 17 32.7%

Votes: 20 38.5%

Votes: 11 21.2%

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • 5+ - I own a meat market!

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
This would be a great project! Maybe we could send it in to Mother Earth News and they would do a whole article. We could stand next to our freshly painted yard sale fridges wearing our long braids, tie-dye T-shirts, love beads and birkinstocks. (I may be getting a little carried away.)

One side by side in kitchen, old up/down frig in basement, and upright freezer in basement too. Then there's the boat ...

Omigsoh! I suddenly have a desire to decorate my kitchen in harvest gold appliances and to carpet my house in red "shag" carpet. Now, where's my shag carpet rake?:wacko: I'll look for it as soon as I wash my bell-bottom jeans.

Carried away? No one's carried away here.

Omigsoh! I suddenly have a desire to decorate my kitchen in harvest gold appliances and to carpet my house in red "shag" carpet. Now, where's my shag carpet rake?:wacko: I'll look for it as soon as I wash my bell-bottom jeans.

Carried away? No one's carried away here.
I'm getting very nostalgic for the good old days, now. We should start a remember the hippies thread. Here's a funny story. A few weeks ago, Fisher and I made 60 heart shaped cookies for an unschoolers Valentine party in the park. I iced them with pretty pink and white icing and then drew big red peace signs on them. I thought it was great - Peace & Love! I was surprised when some of the young moms thought I was making an offensive political statement. But then another mom said "oh no, Fish's mom made these - you know, the older hippie lady".:)

What is an "unschooler"? Sorry if I should know this or it's painfully obvious. I'm about 60 hours behind in sleep!
I hadn't heard this name until recently either. It's another approach to home schooling that is completely student driven. It works great for some families. I have a more modified approach for my children but it is still less rigid than some home schoolers. This weekly park day is a mix of all flavors of home schoolers, really, that is lots of fun. BTW, why are you behind on sleep?

Yeah, it seems you and I are the only folks here having to make do with 1 fridge. Are we underprivileged?

I'm in the one fridge category too!!!!! We used to have another one on the porch (indoor porch) but it drove DH nuts. And he would never allow us to have a freezer - his Mom had a freezer (well, still does) but she stores old newspapers in it - THAT drives him nuts!!!!!! I think he's afraid of that factor - besides, I don't know how to actually utilize a freezer. BUT another refrigerator I know EXACTLY what to do with.

Okay, now you're talkin'! Just think of the possibilities. A "peace" symbol and words like "Peace," "Love" and "D..." Won't say it here. This is a family site. There are endless possibilities. Who can't forget, "Flower Power!?"

Now we're gettin' it goin'!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

FLOWER POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually lived on a tropical island during the height of flower power and we had a VW Bug with those flowers all over it! I was in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even had beads hanging at my bedroom door - and they would sway in earthquakes and earth tremors :ohmy:

I'm in the one fridge category too!!!!! We used to have another one on the porch (indoor porch) but it drove DH nuts. And he would never allow us to have a freezer - his Mom had a freezer (well, still does) but she stores old newspapers in it - THAT drives him nuts!!!!!! I think he's afraid of that factor - besides, I don't know how to actually utilize a freezer. BUT another refrigerator I know EXACTLY what to do with.
I've never heard of storing newspapers in a freezer but hey..... My oldest sons used to live in the guest house before they moved out. One day I noticed that they never seemed to set out any trash on trash day. I asked them what was up with that and they proudly explained they had figured out that if you put take out food containers and that sort of thing in the fridge, they never stick and don't attract flies!!!!! THAT drove me nuts! But you'll have to join Buddy and me on our search for the perfect yard sale 2nd fridge or freezer.

GB, the chest freezer you speak of had a similar enchantment. Whenever we would visit your parents, your mom would go down to the basement and pull magic out of that chest... little squares of lemon deliciousness or chocolatey goodness, magical cookie bars or other undoubtedly sinful pleasures. Uncle G was convinced that your mother single handedly supported the sugar producers of the world. If we were really lucky, we would show up not long after some occasion that had her making multiple desserts that got stowed in the freezer and had to be eaten.
So that is where she hid all the good stuff. I guess they piles junk on top of the freezer to keep little fingers out of the treats :LOL:

Have the standard fridge, upright freezer, and a dorm fridge. Should I count the 2 old freezers DH uses as storage for spare motorcycle parts?!?! How about the fridge/freezer in the motorhome?

I only have one.:(
I would love to have a single freezer. Maybe when dh can eat again and I'm able to buy good food again, I will get one.:)

One fridge and two freezers. I prepare things in advance for freezing like lets say prepare over 100 samosas or spring rolls and freeze them.

Back
Top Bottom