"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances
View Poll Results: How many fridgerator/freezers do you have in your home?
only 1 17 32.69%
2 20 38.46%
3 11 21.15%
4 3 5.77%
5+ - I own a meat market! 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #51
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Okay, now you're talkin'! Just think of the possibilities. A "peace" symbol and words like "Peace," "Love" and "D..." Won't say it here. This is a family site. There are endless possibilities. Who can't forget, "Flower Power!?"

Now we're gettin' it goin'!
FLOWER POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually lived on a tropical island during the height of flower power and we had a VW Bug with those flowers all over it! I was in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even had beads hanging at my bedroom door - and they would sway in earthquakes and earth tremors

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #52
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
I'm in the one fridge category too!!!!! We used to have another one on the porch (indoor porch) but it drove DH nuts. And he would never allow us to have a freezer - his Mom had a freezer (well, still does) but she stores old newspapers in it - THAT drives him nuts!!!!!! I think he's afraid of that factor - besides, I don't know how to actually utilize a freezer. BUT another refrigerator I know EXACTLY what to do with.
I've never heard of storing newspapers in a freezer but hey..... My oldest sons used to live in the guest house before they moved out. One day I noticed that they never seemed to set out any trash on trash day. I asked them what was up with that and they proudly explained they had figured out that if you put take out food containers and that sort of thing in the fridge, they never stick and don't attract flies!!!!! THAT drove me nuts! But you'll have to join Buddy and me on our search for the perfect yard sale 2nd fridge or freezer.

Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:31 AM   #53
Chief Eating Officer
Originally Posted by momerlyn View Post
GB, the chest freezer you speak of had a similar enchantment. Whenever we would visit your parents, your mom would go down to the basement and pull magic out of that chest... little squares of lemon deliciousness or chocolatey goodness, magical cookie bars or other undoubtedly sinful pleasures. Uncle G was convinced that your mother single handedly supported the sugar producers of the world. If we were really lucky, we would show up not long after some occasion that had her making multiple desserts that got stowed in the freezer and had to be eaten.
So that is where she hid all the good stuff. I guess they piles junk on top of the freezer to keep little fingers out of the treats
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:44 AM   #54
Assistant Cook
I fridge upstairs and 1 in basement for beer for cooking purposes only with chest type freezer.
Hooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #55
Head Chef
Send a message via MSN to Caine
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
Where's your can of spray paint??
You laugh, but I recently looked at a condo during my househunting where the refrigerator was obviously spray painted black to match the much newer factory black stove and dishwasher.
Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:41 AM   #56
Sous Chef
Have the standard fridge, upright freezer, and a dorm fridge. Should I count the 2 old freezers DH uses as storage for spare motorcycle parts?!?! How about the fridge/freezer in the motorhome?
DawnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:44 AM   #57
Master Chef
I only have one.
I would love to have a single freezer. Maybe when dh can eat again and I'm able to buy good food again, I will get one.
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:48 AM   #58
Sous Chef
One fridge and two freezers. I prepare things in advance for freezing like lets say prepare over 100 samosas or spring rolls and freeze them.
There is no love sincerer than the love of food. ~George Bernard Shaw
Jikoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:23 AM   #59
Assistant Cook
We have one fridge and two freezers.
missielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:39 PM   #60
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I have 1 fridge, 1 upright freezer, and a mini fridge in the basement.

middie is offline   Reply With Quote