How many Fridge/Freezers in your home?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How many fridgerator/freezers do you have in your home?

• only 1

Votes: 17 32.7%

Votes: 20 38.5%

Votes: 11 21.2%

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • 5+ - I own a meat market!

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

sattie

Washing Up
I was wondering how many fridges/freezers one has in their home? I have two fridges and one freezer.

For a two person home, I think having 3 is overkill for us. I would like to get a nice standing freezer and eliminate the fridge I have in the garage.

Oh I forgot about a few. My daughter has at least three play kitchens downstairs. Should I count those? :LOL:

When all 5 of the children were at home Buck and I had one 33 CU foot freezer, another 16 CU foot freezer and a large refrigerator with a large freezer on top. Those were just about adequate for the amount of food that moved through that house.

Now that it's just the two of us, we have one 22 CU foot freezer and a large refrigerator with a good-sized freezer on top. We also have a refrigerator at our shop, for which the freezer part is used for storing frozen whole meals. Right now there are about 18 full meals stored there. It's handy to have to keep extra beverages, too. I also have all my holiday and other candles in the refrigerator. Our house isn't air-conditioned and the heat plays real havoc on any candles, no matter where I try to store them.

When our 33 CU foot freezer died, we knew we should get a smaller one. We considered another 16 CU foot one, but opted for the 22 CU foot one. That was a good decision. The smaller one would've been much too small.

At the time we decide to close our shop - probably many years down the road - we will definitely keep an auxiliary refrigerator somewhere else at home.

One of each. And a kegorator.
Otherwise I wouldn't have any room for food in the fridge :LOL:

I only have one fridge. It's pretty big - 26 cu - but I would love to get a separate freezer. I do have another fridge in the guest house but I don't use it except for stocking it when I have guests. (I'm afraid I would forget about what's in there.) Since everyone seems to have freezers, any input on the chest vs upright issue? I have room in the basement for a freezer and I think an upright would be space saving. I'm also worried people would stack stuff on top of a chest freezer. But I've heard that a chest freezer is more energy efficient. Any recommendations?

Chest is definitely more efficient. We had one at my parents house growing up and yes things tended to get stacked on top. Also things tended to get buried and forgotten about. I like them though and would love to have one. I just do not have the need for a third freezer right now though.

Suh-wheet! Would one of them be an outdoor kitchen???
Don't I wish. No we have an upstairs kitchen and one downstairs. The people who had the house before us built it with the intension of moving their elderly mother down there so it is set up to be a full apartment on it's own, independent of the rest of the house. There is a kitchen, full bathroom, and separate entrance that goes right out to the swimming pool.

I agree with GB on the chest freezers. They are hard to organize and when you finally get a wild hair to clean one, you find stuff at the bottom that you have no clue what it is or how long it has been there. I would rather have a standing freezer.

We found wedding cake in the bottom of my parents freezer long after the marriage it came from had ended :LOL:

Don't I wish. No we have an upstairs kitchen and one downstairs. The people who had the house before us built it with the intension of moving their elderly mother down there so it is set up to be a full apartment on it's own, independent of the rest of the house. There is a kitchen, full bathroom, and separate entrance that goes right out to the swimming pool.

So the other night when Miss GB told me you were in the "dog house"..Now I know where you were.....:LOL:

That is pretty neat, I can see where having 2 kitchens in the house would have it's advantages.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom