"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 04-04-2006, 09:39 AM   #21
Executive Chef

It's much quicker to make than doing it with a mixer!

It used to take me 6 to 8 hours the old fashioned way!! Now I can have a oerfectly baked fresh loaf of bread in only 3 hours!!

~Corey123.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:41 AM   #22
Master Chef

I've had mine for 5-6 years now, but haven't used it even once, shame on me.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:44 AM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

lol corey, you sound like an infomercial.

i have a barely used breadman machine that i bought years ago. it is a top loading, 1 or 2 lb. loaf bread machine.

i keep promising myself to get back to using it. i made a few honey wheat, zucchini and cheese, and mutil-grain seed loafs with it that were really very good.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:48 AM   #24
Master Chef

I've never been able to make bread, so I got a bread machine. It blew up. The company replaced it, but I ended up giving it to my daughter. I have decided that it is not my destiny to make bread.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:10 AM   #25
Head Chef

We've had one for about 6-7 years now. We've used it a few times for bread, and it's usually good, but I don't like the weird shape it makes, so we mostly use it to make dough, especially pizza dough.

John

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:47 PM   #26
Senior Cook

123 Bread!

I have had mine for 3-4 years I got it as a christmas present. I love it it makes wonderful, nice and perfect looking loafs of bread. My family loves bread I make lots of bead, at least a loaf or two a week. I love using my bread machine because you can either just pour in a box of ingredients or add your own recipe, push a couple of buttons and in a couple hours, TA DA! bread. Also I can use the machine to just make the dough for pizza crust, pastry or cookie dough, or cinnamon rolls. I love cooking, but sometimes I am to lazy, to tired, or don't have enough time. Thats where inventions like this save my family from starvation.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:09 PM   #27
Assistant Cook

Send a message via ICQ to wilbertnl Send a message via AIM to wilbertnl Send a message via MSN to wilbertnl Send a message via Yahoo to wilbertnl Send a message via Skype™ to wilbertnl
Last week I purchased a Sunbeam 5891 for $40.
I have been using an older model for a couple of years, which I got with a broken lid glass.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the 5891 (http://www.sunbeam.com/productdetail.aspx?PId=59). I noticed a couple nice improvements and my favorite oatmeal bread turned out great.

I wish you many happy hours baking and enjoying bread!
Also: try home baked pizza with dough from your bread machine...
Old 04-19-2006, 06:14 PM   #28
Senior Cook

Yes! What brand is it?

Now make some homemade
soup or stew to go with that and you've got one heck of a meal!!

~Corey123.

Corey, I don't know if that question was directed at me, but if so, my machine is an Oster.

So far, I haven't had any real problems. Couple times the loaves came out very dense, but that could've just been the recipe. I've "fixed" the white bread recipe, but haven't tried to "fix" the whole wheat one yet. I will try a few more other ones first.

Brought in a loaf to work and everyone liked it so much, one of the guys brought in his 1-lb Breadman so we bake bread at work now!!! Course, now they're complaining about all the extra weight they're going to gain.... like a 1-lb loaf makes a whole lot - about 1 thick slice per person here (4). Babies! Don't they eat sandwiches??? at least this bread is healthier....
Old 04-19-2006, 06:25 PM   #29
Executive Chef

I believe that I DID ask you that.

~Corey123.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:35 AM   #30
Executive Chef

I used to make all our bread by hand and was extremely skeptical when my mother in law bought me a bread machine 10 years ago. I have not looked back, the bread machine makes all our bread now. Worked with a Toastmaster until I got tired of replaceing the cheap pans at $25. a pop. Got a Zojirushi over a year ago and have struggled to make a decent all whole wheat bread. After consultation with the unsympathatic Zojirushi people, I contacted King Arthur Flour people. I use their flour and they sell Zojirushi machines.

They told me to try cooking the whole wheat bread on the WHITE cycle. That worked perfectly. Baked a beautiful leaf yesterday. These Z. machines bake a loaf shaped like a normal loaf of bread, only with two paddle holes in the bottom. So I use the recipe that comes with the Zojirushi machine for 100% whole wheat bread and usually do a double knead, ie, restart the machine just as it completes the first knead. Don't forget to use the white cycle. The texture is the best and you can't beat the flavor. I let it cool and pop it in a 2 gallon freezer bag and slice it the next day. Then put it in the freezer and bring out slices as needed.