I bought a FoodSaver and I'm thrilled!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:stuart: w00t w00t!! *doing my happy dance* I'm so excited! I've been wanting a FoodSaver for some time now, being a single mom it just seems to be such a grand resource! Well, I happened to be up and around this morning and at 6am there was a FoodSaver infomercial on FoodNetwork (my favorite channel!) with the offer of 3 payment installments along with some free canisters and bags and $100 worth of coupons for canisters and bags!! I felt it was fate!! I had to have it, so I placed the order!

I'm soo excited! I can't wait for it to arrive. I never knew Foodsaver had infomercials before. It was awesome!!!! I can barely wait for it to arrive. The deals I can take advantage of as far as meat and fruit. I can seal my sauces and breads that I make. I AM SO EXCITED...just in case you couldn't tell. :LOL:

Oh, I forgot to tell you. I got the upright one, the V3840. I've already cleared a space on the counter for it...right next to Miss Moxie! :mrgreen:

Out of all the TV add purchases I have ever made, (and there are not many), the FoodSaver is by far one of the best purchases I have ever made. It is a highly used appliance in my kitchen and I'm certain you will enjoy yours.

If you have questions... just ask, there are several of us that own one.

Out of all the TV add purchases I have ever made, (and there are not many), the FoodSaver is by far one of the best purchases I have ever made. It is a highly used appliance in my kitchen and I'm certain you will enjoy yours.

If you have questions... just ask, there are several of us that own one.

Thanks so much Sattie!! I've read such great things about them and I'm sure this will be an invaluable tool in our home! I already know that I'm going to use it everyday, the possibilities are endless. I am definitely stocking up on the canisters, I know that!

Canisters are the way to go! Congratulations on your new purchase. You will love it for sure.

Canisters are the way to go! Congratulations on your new purchase. You will love it for sure.

Thanks so much!!! Yea, I was looking online and those canisters, indeed, seem to be the route to take. Can't wait to see those coupons! :LOL:

I caught an infomercial the other morning on the upright FS, too.
You'll enjoy it. Foodsavers are great.

I caught an infomercial the other morning on the upright FS, too.
You'll enjoy it. Foodsavers are great.

I'm going to be a vacuum sealing fool!!! :ROFLMAO: I really think it's going to help me save money with our grocery shopping. When he kept saying "cash in the trash" as he dumped moldy or freezer burned food I thought, "I do that EVERY week!" But no more!

And I'm really hoping that I'll be able to seal food and send it to my best friend who will be leaving for Iraq for his third tour in a few weeks.

Yes, they are; I've had mine for two years and it really works the way they say it does. Wonder what I ever did without it...

I said the same thing about my Moxie (my KA mixer) and I suspect I'll be saying it again when my FS arrives! I'll be sure to keep you all posted!

You bought the best brand on the market and you're going to love using it. Like everyone else, I pay a lot of money for good quality meat, fish and poultry and I'll be darned if I'll just throw it in the freezer and let it get freezer burn and dry out. Your FS will protect anything you put in the bags for months on end. Good luck.

You bought the best brand on the market and you're going to love using it. Like everyone else, I pay a lot of money for good quality meat, fish and poultry and I'll be darned if I'll just throw it in the freezer and let it get freezer burn and dry out. Your FS will protect anything you put in the bags for months on end. Good luck.

Thanks DQ! I looove fruit too, so I'll buy a lot of it and sometimes, too frequently for my liking, my strawberries will go fuzzy before I can eat/use them all. :( I've seen meat sales on good quality meat that I would've loved to take advantage of, but couldn't because I was scared it would get freezer burned like when I tried my DIY sealing. This is going to make life so much better and my pocket so much happier! :mrgreen:

You do have a large freezer don't you? ;)
I've taken advantage of a couple meat sales recently and put my FS to use, and my Handi-vac, too, for that matter, though I don't trust that quite as much. You'll defnitely need some freezer space to take full advantage of a FS and meat sales.
Then you won't need to shop for meat for months! :)

I am having food saver envy right now - I MUST get one. I'm putting it on my xmas list - that and something from Tiffanys will do. :)

You do have a large freezer don't you? ;)
I've taken advantage of a couple meat sales recently and put my FS to use, and my Handi-vac, too, for that matter, though I don't trust that quite as much. You'll defnitely need some freezer space to take full advantage of a FS and meat sales.
Then you won't need to shop for meat for months! :)

Yes, she's sitting in my garage just waiting to be filled. :mrgreen: Ooooh, I just can't wait!!! I'm feeling all giddy! :ROFLMAO:

I am having food saver envy right now - I MUST get one. I'm putting it on my xmas list - that and something from Tiffanys will do. :)

I've fallen so in love with cooking and my kitchen that I'd pass up jewelry for an appliance these days! :ohmy: I think I've gone mad! :LOL:

You will love it toots. The best thing... you can keep halved avacado's fresh!!!

You're gonna LOVE it! Ours has paid for itself many many many times over! There are just two of us and I use it for darned near everything! Recently my DIL rearranged my freezer and we located pork chops sealed 4 years ago - no damage - I cooked them - they were just fine. Not that I recommend that but I was amazed!

When I do sauces I place the bags upright in the freezer 'till they freeze then seal them. I've used the bags to just seal artisan breads and they keep wonderfully. Good grief I sound like a commercial!

It's really nice, though, to make a big batch of something that takes awhile to do knowing you can preserve it perfectly without fuss. I buy whole chickens on sale, cut them in half, and there's just enough for us two.

One thing I do is if a batch of sauce turns out extra good I mark it with stars. You will use less freezer space as well because the bags store so neatly.

Have yourself a wonderful time! Bi-Mart has good prices on the bags too.

Use the canisters to seal lettuce. You will be absolutely amazed at how long it lasts that way. Not only does it last, but it is as good as the day you bought it.

lindatooo, when I do sauces I first put them in a zip lock bag and seal them getting as much air out as possible, then I lay then down flat in the freezer. Once they freeze I open the ziplock and put the whole bag into a foodsaver bag and seal. This way the foodsaver bag stays clean and I can re-use it over and over if it is big enough. They also freeze flat this way so I can store them like books or flat giving me a lot of space in the freezer.

You're gonna LOVE it! Ours has paid for itself many many many times over! There are just two of us and I use it for darned near everything! Recently my DIL rearranged my freezer and we located pork chops sealed 4 years ago - no damage - I cooked them - they were just fine. Not that I recommend that but I was amazed!

When I do sauces I place the bags upright in the freezer 'till they freeze then seal them. I've used the bags to just seal artisan breads and they keep wonderfully. Good grief I sound like a commercial!

It's really nice, though, to make a big batch of something that takes awhile to do knowing you can preserve it perfectly without fuss. I buy whole chickens on sale, cut them in half, and there's just enough for us two.

One thing I do is if a batch of sauce turns out extra good I mark it with stars. You will use less freezer space as well because the bags store so neatly.

Have yourself a wonderful time! Bi-Mart has good prices on the bags too.

Use the canisters to seal lettuce. You will be absolutely amazed at how long it lasts that way. Not only does it last, but it is as good as the day you bought it.

lindatooo, when I do sauces I first put them in a zip lock bag and seal them getting as much air out as possible, then I lay then down flat in the freezer. Once they freeze I open the ziplock and put the whole bag into a foodsaver bag and seal. This way the foodsaver bag stays clean and I can re-use it over and over if it is big enough. They also freeze flat this way so I can store them like books or flat giving me a lot of space in the freezer.

Thank you both for the wonderful advice!!! I'm so glad I bit the bullet and made the purchase! I see that it is really going to save me money AND time and with a 9 year old and a dog, I need all the time I can get! I will definitely be remembering these tricks and tips that you all have shared with me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom