I got my new Griddler!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a George Foreman grill and always put damp kitchen roll in straight away after use as it is really easy to wipe clean after. Does anyone else use a remoska? I have two the Mini and the grande and think they are great but I haven't seen them on the forum; maybe I'm not looking in the right place?
penny

I'm seriously considering one of these. So far I think you guys have mentioned Cuisinart and George Foreman, I think both in positive lights. Anyone have something to say, vis-a-vis, "Don't buy this one!"? Hubby just started collecting SS so we have a little extra money to play with, and while I'm adverse to buying new kitchen gadgets, I've been looking at this one for awhile. I'd mostly do stuff like Cuban, panini, and other types of sandwiches, but also the occasional small steaks (enough for two), burgers, etc. Don't have a dishwasher, so that isn't an issue, but do want immersable parts so that they can be soaked and washed. What brands do you recommend?

I have a George Foreman grill and always put damp kitchen roll in straight away after use as it is really easy to wipe clean after. Does anyone else use a remoska? I have two the Mini and the grande and think they are great but I haven't seen them on the forum; maybe I'm not looking in the right place?
penny

Penn - I have never seen one of those in the states, and I read somewhere they might only be manufactured in the UK. Do they sell it out of the country?

Bob

I'm seriously considering one of these. So far I think you guys have mentioned Cuisinart and George Foreman, I think both in positive lights. Anyone have something to say, vis-a-vis, "Don't buy this one!"? Hubby just started collecting SS so we have a little extra money to play with, and while I'm adverse to buying new kitchen gadgets, I've been looking at this one for awhile. I'd mostly do stuff like Cuban, panini, and other types of sandwiches, but also the occasional small steaks (enough for two), burgers, etc. Don't have a dishwasher, so that isn't an issue, but do want immersable parts so that they can be soaked and washed. What brands do you recommend?

Claire - I don't know all the different GF grills that have come out over the years, but I doubt they make one anywhere as versatile as the Cuisinart. Review the Amazon link I posted in this thread above on 07/02. You will find a ton of reviews on it.

Also, I do have one GF grill that has remained in the box after the first several uses, as it does not "grill" in my opinion as much as it steams. I did not like anything I cooked on it. burgers and steak tended to gray on the inside by the time I liked what the outside looked like, and the chicken would come-out with the skin being more chewy, than crispy. It was also a pain in the butt to clean as the heating surfaces (plates) were not detachable. Maybe they have another model that works better, but I have no need.

The Cuisinart has stayed out, and in use for over two years now. I even use it in the summer time when making grilled sandwiches, or if pretty rainy out (prefer the charcoal grill when weather permits).

Bob

Bob the remoskas are from lakeland plastics, England, who say they are an old czhekoslovakian idea. It is a pan with a heating element in the lid and works like an oven only uses less electricity [600 watts] you really can cook anything from risotto to cakes in them and I really rate mine and use it a lot. I have one in the motorhome too.
penny

Jet - I've used mine for a couple of years so far. I agree the non-stick coating could have been of a higher quality, but I still love using it. I never put the plates in the dishwater, but it doesn't take to long to wash with a scratchless pad after if sits for 30 minutes or so after cooking. When I pull out the last food I'm cooking, I take two damped paper towels and set between the plates while I eat. Usually, what ever crusted to the cooking surface is softened over those 30 minutes of the heat and dampness.

Works for me :)

Bob

I also put damp paper towels on my GF grill. It works great for helping get food off later.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom