I got my new Griddler!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I have been wanting a Cuisinart Griddler ever since they first came out. I love paninis, and grilled meat 365 days a year. Our George Foreman Grill was big, hard to clean and we didn't really liked the way it cooked ALL the fat and flavour out of food.

Well, our grocery store has a points system where you can save up for items. My best friend has two growing sons and a husband who are all big eaters and she racks up the points like crazy. It is amazing all the stuff she has. But I don't buy as much for us here at home and when I cater I buy from Costco and wholesalers so my point build slower. By the time we were close to getting the points for the grill they raised the amount needed by about 20,000! I relented and used 14,000 and bought it for half price. It arrived today.

I made sausage and eggs on muffins for lunch and the sausage patties were cooked to perfection!

Tonight it will be burgers and tomorrow I will start in on Paninis! When asked by Dad and DH which cupboard it was going in I said "cupboard? you think it's going to have time to sit in a cupboard?" ;)

Does anyone else have one and if so do you have any tips or comments?

We have the Cuisinart Griddler and I really like using it. We use ti for Cuban sandwiches, quesadillas, pancakes. I have grilled some pounded chicken breasts but prefer other methods. for chicken.

I have been wanting a Cuisinart Griddler ever since they first came out. I love paninis, and grilled meat 365 days a year. Our George Foreman Grill was big, hard to clean and we didn't really liked the way it cooked ALL the fat and flavour out of food.

Well, our grocery store has a points system where you can save up for items. My best friend has two growing sons and a husband who are all big eaters and she racks up the points like crazy. It is amazing all the stuff she has. But I don't buy as much for us here at home and when I cater I buy from Costco and wholesalers so my point build slower. By the time we were close to getting the points for the grill they raised the amount needed by about 20,000! I relented and used 14,000 and bought it for half price. It arrived today.

I made sausage and eggs on muffins for lunch and the sausage patties were cooked to perfection!

Tonight it will be burgers and tomorrow I will start in on Paninis! When asked by Dad and DH which cupboard it was going in I said "cupboard? you think it's going to have time to sit in a cupboard?" ;)

Does anyone else have one and if so do you have any tips or comments?
Congratulationd on your new griddler LP!

However you know the drill, "No pictures makes for a bad post"

:)

:chef::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Congratulationd on your new griddler LP!

However you know the drill, "No pictures makes for a bad post"

:)

:chef::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

All you had to do was ask!!!! :)

HPIM0785.jpg
All ready to go!

HPIM0786.jpg
We fried some onions after the first batch of burgers.

HPIM0787.jpg

HPIM0788.jpg
DH giving it a little help (and a view of my fryer)

HPIM0789.jpg
The finished product

HPIM0790.jpg

I will show how it cleans up all nice and purdy when the grill plates come out of the dishwasher ;)

BTW, they tasted incredible!

Last edited:
How did those grill plates taste?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I bet those burgers were the best. I love my paninni maker and we use it often...In fact we had burger paninnis and they were great.You will have so much fun dreaming up combination of meats,cheeses and best of all breads a whole new world for me when I got mine.
kades:angel:

How did those grill plates taste?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I bet those burgers were the best. I love my paninni maker and we use it often...In fact we had burger paninnis and they were great.You will have so much fun dreaming up combination of meats,cheeses and best of all breads a whole new world for me when I got mine.
kades:angel:

Kades, they WERE the best....the burgers not the grill plates LOL!

The best thing about this one is it is a panini maker, griddle (for pancakes, etc. and opens out flat), contact grill (like we used it on the burgers) or flat grill all in one! I don't think I will be using my fry pans very much for anything!

DH said though that now I have to start making bread again so I can make different kinds for the sandwiches. Good thing I have a large KE with a good dough hook!

The best thing about this one is it is a panini maker, griddle (for pancakes, etc. and opens out flat), contact grill (like we used it on the burgers) or flat grill all in one! I don't think I will be using my fry pans very much for anything!

DH said though that now I have to start making bread again so I can make different kinds for the sandwiches. Good thing I have a large KE with a good dough hook!

I'm with kades here- Your plates look lickable ;-)

I also have a gridler 4, it just goes unused this time of year since it's charcoal grilling weather. But I do love mine also. I actually have never had the reason to do the pamini's in it yet, But I certainly have used it to make just about every thing else. I also like the clean up since those plates just pop out with the two buttons, and a little bit of sponge love is enough to clean them right up.

Bob

Quick question! Does it get hot enough? I have a much cheaper indoor grill, I couldn't afford the cuisinart and it just doesn't get hot enough. The temp. dial says it goes to 450 degrees, but I know it ain't that getting that hot. I can't even put grill marks on my hotdogs. Got a bonus coming in august from work and might want to get one.

Quick question! Does it get hot enough? I have a much cheaper indoor grill, I couldn't afford the Cuisinart and it just doesn't get hot enough. The temp. dial says it goes to 450 degrees, but I know it ain't that getting that hot. I can't even put grill marks on my hotdogs. Got a bonus coming in august from work and might want to get one.

Mine does get hot enough to inside grill a steak (and start smoking if I crank it up).

The only one thing that I've noticed is that the non-stick surface does not seem to stay intact very long. Your experiences may vary. If you go to here, you'll read a ton of reviews: Amazon.com: Cuisinart GR-4 Griddler: Home & Garden

Regards,

Bob

I've had one for a couple of months. I almost never use the grill plates because they're almost impossible to get clean. The griddle plates clean up all right if I soak them for a full day.

Oh yes , nothing like home made bread for panini . I've used the No Knead bread , Italian bread , Cheese Bread , Kaiser Rolls for paninis, also Portugese rolls.

I've had one for a couple of months. I almost never use the grill plates because they're almost impossible to get clean. The griddle plates clean up all right if I soak them for a full day.

Of course I have only used it three times (I mean I just got it yesterday LOL!!!) and used the grill plates each time, but I found they cleaned up awesome with little effort, even with all that (yummy) mess from the burgers and onions! I didn't need to soak them at all. But time will tell I am sure.

Of course I have only used it three times (I mean I just got it yesterday LOL!!!) and used the grill plates each time, but I found they cleaned up awesome with little effort, even with all that (yummy) mess from the burgers and onions! I didn't need to soak them at all. But time will tell I am sure.

I'm glad it works for you. I've had problems since the day it was new. I have pretty much sworn off using the grill plates. They're currently still dirty after the portabello burger that I made earlier this week, despite a run thru the dishwasher and the time I spent at the sink using the scraper tool.

Jet - I've used mine for a couple of years so far. I agree the non-stick coating could have been of a higher quality, but I still love using it. I never put the plates in the dishwater, but it doesn't take to long to wash with a scratchless pad after if sits for 30 minutes or so after cooking. When I pull out the last food I'm cooking, I take two damped paper towels and set between the plates while I eat. Usually, what ever crusted to the cooking surface is softened over those 30 minutes of the heat and dampness.

Works for me :)

Bob

Well, I had some more fun at lunch with it today. This time I made some ham paninis. The one on the left has cheddar and gouda and the one on the right fresh mozza and gouda. They were absolutely delicious! And clean-up of the grill plates was a breeze.

Jet, I am really sorry you are having problems with cleaning and I hope that it doesn't happen with mine any time soon. But at least I will have fun while it lasts!

Attachments

• HPIM0793.jpg
    HPIM0793.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 202
Jet - I've used mine for a couple of years so far. I agree the non-stick coating could have been of a higher quality, but I still love using it. I never put the plates in the dishwater, but it doesn't take to long to wash with a scratchless pad after if sits for 30 minutes or so after cooking. When I pull out the last food I'm cooking, I take two damped paper towels and set between the plates while I eat. Usually, what ever crusted to the cooking surface is softened over those 30 minutes of the heat and dampness.

Works for me :)

Bob

Interesting idea, I use something similar to get bugs and bird droppings off my car.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom