"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 03-28-2010, 12:04 PM   #31
Flour Child

Wow! I've only been here two days and already I've learned something invaluable...thank you all! I've had a Bosch for about 2 years now and had no idea I was suppose to be cleaning the filter out myself (ok, caught me, i don't always read manuals). Luckily, I always rinse everything well before putting anything in there but I just took a look and no food but i found a piece of plastic ziploc baggy (huh?), a mushed paper label probably from a jar, and a piece of broken glass from my Tipsy Parson Trifle pedestal dish that broke a while back...boohoo.

I don't remember the price but I do remember throwing research to the wind, walking into a respected store, asking the salesman to direct me to the quietest dishwasher at the best performance for the money, and buying a Bosch at an awesome sale price with free installation. Oh ladies, you should have seen the installer guy...whoa...(but married...bummer)

Anyway, where was I? ...oh, yes, i was going to say it's soo quiet i hardly know it's on and have been very happy with it. Oh, and cleaning the filter is as easy as 1 2 3

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #32
Executive Chef

Oh ladies, you should have seen the installer guy...whoa...(but married...bummer)
Check out New Bern or Morehead City for clean cut single guys with good government jobs

Old 04-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #33
Chief Eating Officer

Our dishwasher was installed Monday. The only problem is that it looks great so now the rest of the kitchen looks worse. I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing that we are talking about redoing the kitchen now

I am very happy with this unit so far, but to be fair we have only ran one full load as of right now. It is not as quiet as I had hoped, but it is as quiet as I expected. I would have had to spend much more to get it significantly quieter. It is quieter than our last one, not by a lot, but enough.

I love how the the rack can be adjusted higher or lower and I love how some of the tines are adjustable (fold down). This makes getting my large plastic cutting board into the washer quiet easy, as opposed to our last one where we needed to lift the rack off the tracks and do some yoga to get it in.

I also love all the different settings I have to pick from, even if most of them will never get used. There are enough that I will use that it makes it great to have the options.

My dishes come out clean and dry. My last one dishes came out clean, unless they didn't, and they were never dry.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #34
Head Chef

Man, I could have some fun with this thread. But I really should just leave it alone.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:17 PM   #35
Chief Eating Officer

What am I missing vagriller?
Old 04-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #36
Head Chef

If I told my wife I just picked up a dishwasher with an adjustable rack she might get upset.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #37
Chief Eating Officer

I love it!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #38
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagriller View Post
If I told my wife I just picked up a dishwasher with an adjustable rack she might get upset.
Interesting concept. I'm running the images through my mind's eye as I type.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:48 PM   #39
Certifiable Executive Chef

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagriller View Post
Really? He looks like he'd do an OK job at dishes...
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #40
Executive Chef

It's likely that firearms have little to do with the racks being referenced.