I need a stand mixer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope you all walk into great deals on HL6's, and post reviews here. bakechef, your Ultra Power will probably be good for another eighteen years.

The 1.3 hp rating for KA ‘Commercial’ 7 Quart seems to be stretching the hp rating just a wee; given that the power cord is a four foot length of 3 conductor 18 AWG SJT NTC cable, implying a max working load of perhaps 10 amps. However an honest 3/4 horsepower should be adequate for my purposes.
So far, the bowl height adjustment and bowl mounting mechanism are the only features that seem a bit rough.

Last edited:
If things work out, I think I'll Christen the KA commercial model as 'Sonja'.

I call mine "Lady" after a Clydsdale horse that was a favorite of mine. She was the lead horse for a stagecoach in a draft horse exhibition. She had the longest feathers (hair around the fetlocks [ankles]) of any of the horses in the six horse team. :ohmy:

I call mine Scarface.

Attachments

• DSC02248.jpg
    DSC02248.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 177
Okay everyone. Jump in. What do you call your KA? The reason I named mine after the Clydesdale is because it is a real workhorse. We saw why Andy named his Scarface. What is the name of yours and the reason? :ermm:

Okay everyone. Jump in. What do you call your KA? The reason I named mine after the Clydesdale is because it is a real workhorse. We saw why Andy named his Scarface. What is the name of yours and the reason? :ermm:

Actually, I didn't name my mixer Scarface. It just seemed funny to me.

I don't name my stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom