I need a stand mixer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it red?
Bianco. it's a toss up between Sonja
henie_cesar_romero.jpg
& Big Bertha-

Attachments

• Big Bertha 1.jpg
    Big Bertha 1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 212
That 7 quart mixing bowl is not exactly old WMF quality. In the course of washing it this AM I discovered how thin it was and that its handle flexes ominously. The four small spot welds are not exactly confidence inspiring. At least the manufacturer was upfront enough to emboss the inside of the handle 'MADE IN INDIA'.
Guess that's why a spare bowl 'only' costs $32.77, a pouring shield $18.83 and a container of gear grease $20.25

That 7 quart mixing bowl is not exactly old WMF quality. In the course of washing it this AM I discovered how thin it was and that its handle flexes ominously. The four small spot welds are not exactly confidence inspiring. At least the manufacturer was upfront enough to emboss the inside of the handle 'MADE IN INDIA'....

Don't blame India. They made it to manufacturer's specifications.

I did not blame India. It was more of an oblique reference to KA's hype- 'Assembled with Pride in Greenville, Ohio'

OK, I took it the wrong way.

I got the impression from your quote, "...how thin it was and that its handle flexes ominously. The four small spot welds are not exactly confidence inspiring. At least the manufacturer was upfront enough to emboss the inside of the handle 'MADE IN INDIA'..."

This suggested to me that the bowl was thin and flimsy because it was made in India.

I wonder if there is an aftermarket manufacturer of KA bowls?
I'm wondering also. I see the KA European 7 Quart 'Professional' has different part numbers for the bowl and flat beater than the 7 Quart 'Commercial'.
Too damn many models and variants.
The dimensions of the bowl is critical for the proper mating with the agitators.
A sticker by the accessory port states 'KITCHENAID® STAND MIXER ATTACHMENTS ARE NOT APPROVED FOR COMMERCIAL USE'

Last edited:
Some brainiac came up with the idea of inventing a beater for the KA that scrapes the sides and bottom of the KA bowl. It is designed to fit on the KA shaft. They also make ones for other brands of mixers. One of the biggest complaints was having to stop and scrape down the sides all the time. It was a big success. I bought one. And I love it. So KA came out with their own one. I haven't had my original KA beater out of the drawer, that came with the machine since I go the new design. And it is so much easier to clean. Mine even scrapes around that little bump on the bottom. I have three different KA bowls. The origingal one, one with a handle that is hard on the hands, and the glass one. The one with the handle has sharp edges, so when you are holding it trying to scrape out the contents, it cuts into the palm. The glass one is very heavy. My favorite beater even reaches down to the bottom and sides of this bowl. I love my glass bowl, except for the heaviness. If they would make the handle on the metal bowl more rounded, I would buy it and use it more than the glass bowl. Someday they will get it right. :chef:

Some brainiac came up with the idea of inventing a beater for the KA that scrapes the sides and bottom of the KA bowl. It is designed to fit on the KA shaft. They also make ones for other brands of mixers. One of the biggest complaints was having to stop and scrape down the sides all the time. It was a big success. I bought one. And I love it. So KA came out with their own one. I haven't had my original KA beater out of the drawer, that came with the machine since I go the new design. And it is so much easier to clean. Mine even scrapes around that little bump on the bottom. I have three different KA bowls. The origingal one, one with a handle that is hard on the hands, and the glass one. The one with the handle has sharp edges, so when you are holding it trying to scrape out the contents, it cuts into the palm. The glass one is very heavy. My favorite beater even reaches down to the bottom and sides of this bowl. I love my glass bowl, except for the heaviness. If they would make the handle on the metal bowl more rounded, I would buy it and use it more than the glass bowl. Someday they will get it right. :chef:
Thanks for the input Addie. After laying out a bindle for the stainless steel hook, beater, and whip; I gotta stifle myself for a while.

Perhaps a few yards of cloth to make a machine cover and pouches for the flat beater and dough hook. Figure on storing the whisk in the bowl. KA recommends not leaving the flat beater installed on the machine for storage.

Thanks for the input Addie. After laying out a bindle for the stainless steel hook, beater, and whip; I gotta stifle myself for a while.

New: SideSwipe Spatula Mixer Blade | The Kitchn

This is the one I have. The one made by KA is a piece of junk. I love mine. It not only scrapes the bowl, but folds the indgredients at the same time. And it rinses off so easily. I am surprised that it hasn't gone up in price since I bought mine. :chef:

Perhaps a few yards of cloth to make a machine cover and pouches for the flat beater and dough hook. Figure on storing the whisk in the bowl. KA recommends not leaving the flat beater installed on the machine for storage.

A cover for my KA is on my list. Right now I have taken a hint from another DCer and use a pillow case. I keep a list of "I want" and the kids decide who is going to buy what. A KA cover and a floor stand for my needle work are presently on the list. :)

This is the one I have. The one made by KA is a piece of junk. I love mine. It not only scrapes the bowl, but folds the indgredients at the same time. And it rinses off so easily. I am surprised that it hasn't gone up in price since I bought mine. :chef:
Thank's Addie. I'll keep an eye out to see if they come up with one for the KA 7 quart commercial model.

I have the Beater Blade, and I love it!!!! This is the one that I have http://www.amazon.com/Design-Beater...MHFG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338413286&sr=8-1

KA-TH-WHITE-GREY_thumb1.jpg

I too haven't used my regular beater since buying this about 3 years ago. I was a little concerned that it wouldn't be sturdy being plastic, but it has held up to even really thick doughs. I put it through the dishwasher and it is still as good as new, I am really impressed with this product and wouldn't be without one. It even works really well as a rubber scraper to get everything out of the bowl.

I've even noticed that things cream much quicker with this beater.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom