I Need Blender Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I too am looking for another blender since my cheap Hamilton Beach with a plastic jar has a huge crack down the side. I'm pretty sure I will be going with the Braun here.

Last edited:
^^you got it. Actually, I signed up for the amazon credit card and ended up getting the blender for $9.99 shipped! Now I just gotta cancel the card.. =)

Did you get it yet? How does it work, the people on epinions seem to think that the teeth on its drive gear like to break.

If price is a lower consideration than reliability and service, I'd recommend the KRUPS KB720 BLENDER.

I have owned a lot of Krups kitchen products, mostly coffeemakers. I have happily owned a combination coffee/espresso maker for several years now, after having been totally disappointed with the DeLonghi version, which spent more of a year in the repair shop than it did my kitchen and never did get fixed properly, and I just bought both the Krups pod-type coffeemaker for my office coffee drinking pleasure, and their 10 cup capacity rice cooker/steamer/slow cooker, during the final going out of business sale at my local Le Gourmet Chef. I got the coffeemaker, the display model, for $49.00, marked down from $119.00 and the rice cooker for $79.99, marked down from $99.99.

Now, the reason I recommend Krups is, when I got it to my office, downloaded the owners manual from the internet, and started setting it up, I realized that I was missing both sets of pod holders, and the in-tank water filter. I called Le Gourmet Chef headquarters and they said they couldn't help me because it was a display model, but suggested I call KrupsUSA, which I did. A very kind lady at KrupsUSA named Shelly said if I'd fax her a copy of the receipt, she would send me the missing parts I required. You can't buy customer service like that! Plus. I love their slogan:

KRUPS. BEYOND REASON

Last edited:
Thank you all for your recommendations.

I ordered the Braun Powermax MX2050 from Wal-Mart online. I expect it to arrive by the end of the week.

It's on a slow boat from Wal-Mart. Probably USPS. They gave me a projected delivery of Thursday thru Tuesday. I ordered it on Sunday.

I'm at home all day so deliveries are not a problem.

Andy: we will definitely be able to compare our thoughts on this blender.

Tonedef: I read what you're talking about concerning the bottom gears. One person said that some busted but that it still worked fine. I think I'll just be extra careful! If they bust hopefully braun will correct the issue for me.. might be a headache though.

So check this out: as I stated previously, I picked up the powermax on amazon for $39.99 with free shipping. Signing up for their card knocked off $30, making for $9.99 shipped. Well after a few days I checked out the UPS tracking number online and it said it had been delivered in a town 300 miles away from me! I couldn't believe it so I called Amazon. Of course I could hardly understand the nice woman with customer service, but the best answer she could give me was that it got lost in shipping. I said go ahead and send me another. Unfortunately, they were now out of stock and had no idea when they would get more in. The best she could do was refund the $39.99 on my card. I was disappointed, because nobody else was offering free shipping. I got the refund. Much to my surprise, I checked the tracking number again this morning and it has made its way to my city and is out for delivery! After I receive it sometime today, I will be able to say that Amazon PAID me $30 to take this $40 blender off their hands!:ROFLMAO:

^^as a follow up, I received the blender yesterday. Net cost = $-30. I wish making money was always that easy!

eatsOats:

I assume you are going to contact Amazon and tell them you actually received the blender so they can charge your credit card.

Andy M. said:
eatsOats:

I assume you are going to contact Amazon and tell them you actually received the blender so they can charge your credit card.

Nah. You only do that if you are billed, but never received the blender. You know, like when the cashier gives you that extra dollar, you don't say anything, but if she short changes you a nickle, you run crying to the manager?

Andy M. said:
eatsOats:

I had given it some thought. My wife and I are both college students and we are basically broke right now, so that factors in. Amazon is the one that told me it was lost in shipping, so I assume they can tell that it reached its destination. As morally unjust as it sounds, I think I'll leave the burden on them to re-bill me.

I've learned that "cheap" is a relative word, lol! I had been using my mom's old Osterizer (from the late 60's, I think) until it finally gave up the ghost about a year and a half ago). I replaced it with an inexpensive B&D that I smoked about 12 months later. So I decided to spend some "real money" (lol!) and spent about $149 on a KA blender. Hoo wee, I really thought I was making smoothies in the Rolls Royce of blenders until my sil introduced me to the wonderful world of Vitamix.

I have had a Vitamix for about 6 yrs. now and it is a workhorse. Love it for smoothies and soups. You can make nut butters in it, too, ie. almond butter, etc. It will even pulverize things for you such as nuts.

I have to agree about the Vita-Mix... Granted it's a major investment, but this thing'll eat a two-by-four if you feed it in there. I have no fear about putting anything in it - I love fruit smoothies, and rather than using ice to freeze them, I simply toss in frozen berries or other fruit along with a fruit juice base and let the blender chew it up. Great flavor without the watered down flavor from the ice. And we've made the nut butters too - my wife loves the honey roasted peanuts and cashews run through it into a wonderful honey nut butter. The friction of the blades spinning through liquid can actually bring it to a boil if you let it run for several minutes. Great for cream soups.

All in all, worth every dime I paid.

I have to agree about the Vita-Mix... Granted it's a major investment, but this thing'll eat a two-by-four if you feed it in there. I have no fear about putting anything in it - I love fruit smoothies, and rather than using ice to freeze them, I simply toss in frozen berries or other fruit along with a fruit juice base and let the blender chew it up. Great flavor without the watered down flavor from the ice. And we've made the nut butters too - my wife loves the honey roasted peanuts and cashews run through it into a wonderful honey nut butter. The friction of the blades spinning through liquid can actually bring it to a boil if you let it run for several minutes. Great for cream soups.

All in all, worth every dime I paid.

I just got myself a Vita-Mix blender. I am so excited. I still have to break it out of the box. The product demo was so impressive all my concerns about its prohibitive cost went out the window. You can do smoothies, velvety soups (comes out steaming hot!), soft serve ice cream, and the ultimate test of all, it can crush a pitcher-full of ice cubes into such fine grain!

From product reviews I've looked up, it IS a workhorse (2 Horse Power engine). No need to chop up fruit or veggies into chunks. You can dump a whole orange in (minus the peel) or a big piece of steamed broccolli. It will puree it all into smooth liquid.

I've gone through at least 7 blenders in my adult life and I think this Vita-Mix will probably outlive me.

I have said it before, and I will say it forever! A Vita Mix is worth 10 other brands!

Even the used ones are absolutely superb [the ones from the 1970's]! You can't kill the motors, and I love the old stainless steel containers.

Unfortunately, nothing is what it used to be, and unless you go with a commercial brand, it will not work for 40 years any more. Everything is build with a thought in mind that you should come back and buy a new one soon. The only question is how soon.

Having said that i did get Vita mix recently, it is still in the box though.

Back
Top Bottom