I need Food Processor "Technique"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't Kirby vacuum cleaners have an attachment that does that? Nozzle with interchangeable blades...just sucks up a tater and VOILA!...French fries?

Well, the one large pepper and two small onions results were less than perfect. The bowl (?) was only half full with the rough cut pieces (not 1 inch though) and could not draw down all the onion on top. I ended up finishing that by hand after digging it out. To pulse anymore would have really pulverized the pepper.
The meat I did cut into 1 inch pieces and the results were exactly what I was looking for. Some small pieces and some kinda shredded. So again, not very uniform. So I'm learning what a FP can and cannot do.

Attachments

• sweatin veggies.jpg
    sweatin veggies.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 153
  • chili1.jpg
    chili1.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 149
It will not do anything uniformly unless it's a type of liquid or mixture like dough or breadcrumbs.

I could have those veggies diced up with a knife before you could plug the FP in.

It will not do anything uniformly unless it's a type of liquid or mixture like dough or breadcrumbs.
Well that is sort of true. With the standard blade attachment I will agree with the above statement for the most part, but if you use the slicing disk then you will get very uniform slices of foods, especially veggies like carrots and zucchini.

Yeah, those slicing blades are pretty cool. When I was looking to buy I liked the Wolfgang Puck FP because the slicing blade was adjustable for thickness. Expensive FP though, more than what I needed.

Well that is sort of true. With the standard blade attachment I will agree with the above statement for the most part, but if you use the slicing disk then you will get very uniform slices of foods, especially veggies like carrots and zucchini.

Oh, my "attachment disc" blew apart in it's first use so I never had the pleasure of using it other than like a glorified blender. It was pretty good for the 2 seconds it grated some cheddar cheese.

Yeah, obviously your food needs to fit in the tube.
Now don't you guys get me started on looking at mandolins.....
;)

Back
Top Bottom