"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 10-21-2008, 08:18 AM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillncook View Post
Guess I'll have to run out there today.

And what's wrong with irons? Nothing like a good one, especially if you quilt. I bought the last one and I'd love to find one of those little Rowenta travel irons on sale. I wish L&T sold Bernina stuff, then the credit card would be in serious trouble.
nothing wrong with irons, have no need for more of them.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:57 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Yes, nothing is wrong with irons, but from my experience, it is about the last "gift" a woman would want their guy to bring home... Unless of course they've been hinting for a new one. And even then, I sure wouldn't wrap one up for Valentines Day (lol).

Old 10-21-2008, 09:41 AM   #13
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
So the whole chain is closing? Hmmm, I have a Linens and Things not too far away....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
yes the whole chain. they declared bankruptcy.

The one I was at still has a lot of things. I am waiting to see if they get to 50 -70 % off and maybe get a panini grill.

Sorry to be the bad news bearer......

No, not the entire chain is closing, just those stores which are doing poorly in sales. The chapter of bankruptcy they filed under is "reorganization", so whatever they do NOT sell at those stores which they are closing, that stock will be shipped over to those stores that will remain open, so don't wait too long, hoping to get a 70% off or more cuz it just may not happen!

One way you can do this is to just purchase whatever it is you are hoping for now, at whatever markdown it's at, and then check back in a week or so. If it is further marked down, you CAN bring it back into the store and they will refund any difference.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:13 AM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEEN-GUINEVERE View Post
Sorry to be the bad news bearer......

No, not the entire chain is closing, just those stores which are doing poorly in sales. The chapter of bankruptcy they filed under is "reorganization", so whatever they do NOT sell at those stores which they are closing, that stock will be shipped over to those stores that will remain open, so don't wait too long, hoping to get a 70% off or more cuz it just may not happen!

One way you can do this is to just purchase whatever it is you are hoping for now, at whatever markdown it's at, and then check back in a week or so. If it is further marked down, you CAN bring it back into the store and they will refund any difference.
hmm the cashier had told hubby that the whole chain was closing. I guess she was mistaken. I didn't know that I could bring an item back for further discount, thanks for the information.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
You can go on line also