Ice cream maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Linens and Things is going out of business , so hubby bought me an electric ice cream maker Cuisinart ICE-20. Early anniversary present.;)
I look forward to making my own ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet, and sherbet.
He also bought me an electric popcorn maker. You notice these two things benefit him too ?? :rolleyes:

Linens and Things is going out of business , so hubby bought me an electric ice cream maker Cuisinart ICE-20. Early anniversary present.;)
I look forward to making my own ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet, and sherbet.
He also bought me an electric popcorn maker. You notice these two things benefit him too ?? :rolleyes:

Well it's not like he bought you a new iron!
:LOL:

Have you used the new ice cream maker yet? Like it? Ooh, I just checked your post time...prolly not yet, eh?

I was a Linens and Things today. Our store was pretty empty but it had a few good deals left. It was fun to walk through.

Have you used the new ice cream maker yet? Like it? Ooh, I just checked your post time...prolly not yet, eh?
not yet, the freezer bowl has to be in the freezer overnight so tomorrow I will try a recipe, not sure if it will be ice cream or sherbet.

I was a Linens and Things today. Our store was pretty empty but it had a few good deals left. It was fun to walk through.

The one I was at still has a lot of things. I am waiting to see if they get to 50 -70 % off and maybe get a panini grill.

So the whole chain is closing? Hmmm, I have a Linens and Things not too far away....

Guess I'll have to run out there today.

And what's wrong with irons? Nothing like a good one, especially if you quilt. I bought the last one and I'd love to find one of those little Rowenta travel irons on sale. I wish L&T sold Bernina stuff, then the credit card would be in serious trouble.

Guess I'll have to run out there today.

And what's wrong with irons? Nothing like a good one, especially if you quilt. I bought the last one and I'd love to find one of those little Rowenta travel irons on sale. I wish L&T sold Bernina stuff, then the credit card would be in serious trouble.

nothing wrong with irons, have no need for more of them. ;)

Yes, nothing is wrong with irons, but from my experience, it is about the last "gift" a woman would want their guy to bring home... Unless of course they've been hinting for a new one. And even then, I sure wouldn't wrap one up for Valentines Day (lol).

So the whole chain is closing? Hmmm, I have a Linens and Things not too far away....

yes the whole chain. they declared bankruptcy.

The one I was at still has a lot of things. I am waiting to see if they get to 50 -70 % off and maybe get a panini grill.

Sorry to be the bad news bearer......

No, not the entire chain is closing, just those stores which are doing poorly in sales. The chapter of bankruptcy they filed under is "reorganization", so whatever they do NOT sell at those stores which they are closing, that stock will be shipped over to those stores that will remain open, so don't wait too long, hoping to get a 70% off or more cuz it just may not happen!

One way you can do this is to just purchase whatever it is you are hoping for now, at whatever markdown it's at, and then check back in a week or so. If it is further marked down, you CAN bring it back into the store and they will refund any difference.

Sorry to be the bad news bearer......

No, not the entire chain is closing, just those stores which are doing poorly in sales. The chapter of bankruptcy they filed under is "reorganization", so whatever they do NOT sell at those stores which they are closing, that stock will be shipped over to those stores that will remain open, so don't wait too long, hoping to get a 70% off or more cuz it just may not happen!

One way you can do this is to just purchase whatever it is you are hoping for now, at whatever markdown it's at, and then check back in a week or so. If it is further marked down, you CAN bring it back into the store and they will refund any difference.

hmm the cashier had told hubby that the whole chain was closing. I guess she was mistaken. I didn't know that I could bring an item back for further discount, thanks for the information.

Back
Top Bottom