"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 04-08-2006, 01:12 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to BrianMorin Send a message via Yahoo to BrianMorin Send a message via Skype™ to BrianMorin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey123
I own this exact same machine (Lello Gelato)! Had it for over two years now.

~Corey123.
I haven't checked out all the machines yet but this one looks very interesting. Is this the one your talking about:

http://www.discounthouseholdsupplys....uct/B0007QCQNG

Very nice but they don't give it away @ $349.99 (Say $350.00), but if you want a good product (food, ice cream ← say this with a Homer Simpson voice, it gives it effect), I guess it's worth it???

Ciao

Aad Sach Sing

- "History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte
- "History is the lie commonly agreed upon," - Voltaire
- Quis cusodiet ipsos custodes? - Who will guarde the guards? (Latin expression)
BrianMorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:21 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to BrianMorin Send a message via Yahoo to BrianMorin Send a message via Skype™ to BrianMorin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring
I vote for the White Mountain/Rival. I've had an electric one for about 10 years and it works great, makes really good ice cream.

The white mountain looks good to @ $187.69 at first glance it lookis interesting, but since I make a lot of my own foods, (i.e. bread, vinager, tempa, cereal, etc., etc., etc.) it could be interesting to by a machine that is going to do it, and it will do it NOW! If you know what I mean!

Aad Sach Sing

- "History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte
- "History is the lie commonly agreed upon," - Voltaire
- Quis cusodiet ipsos custodes? - Who will guarde the guards? (Latin expression)
BrianMorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:31 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Yes!! That's exactly like the one I've got, except for one thing.

Mine is the smaller TSA-109 1-qt. model. That one is the later 2-qt. model, which explains the higher price.

I paid 199.99 for mine at ChefsCatalog.com. Just got another removable aluminum bowl for it, so I now have 4 bowls for it with the one that already came with the machine. Chefs has the larger one also, but it's $50.00 more.

Emeril Lagasse got in on the act also. He has this machine out with his name on it. It's made mainly by Lello Appliances Corp. over in Italy under different names.

I'm going to make some Strawberry Sorbet sometime today or tomorrow.

~Corey123.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:59 PM   #14
Executive Chef

You really do not need to spend over 75 bucks for a good ice cream machine imo.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:34 PM   #15
Master Chef

I've had a little Donyer hand-crank model that's been making great ice cream, frozen yogurt, ices, sherbert, etc., for 10 years now. I paid about $20 for it at the most.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:01 AM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMorin
I haven't checked out all the machines yet but this one looks very interesting. Is this the one your talking about:

Very nice but they don't give it away @ $349.99 (Say $350.00), but if you want a good product (food, ice cream ← say this with a Homer Simpson voice, it gives it effect), I guess it's worth it???

Ciao

This machine has replaced most of the lower-priced self-contained units in some co's under different names.

~Corey123.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMorin

Ciao

Actually, my machine is identical to the Lello Gelato Junior 4070 model, which I saw on that website.

It's a 1-qt. machine.

-=-=-=-=-

And I just made some Strawberry Sorbet in my machine. It came out oh so good!
Sweet, light and fluffy!!!

~Corey123.