IceCream Machines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ncage1974 said:
I also have the cuisinart one. I think pretty much all the ice cream makers of this style are the same. I don't think there is anything that sticks out with the cuisinart to make it stand out. I just got a good deal on it and i think thats why i bought it. Anyways with that said i had to get used to using it. I have made many batches of "ICE CUBE" cream rather than "Ice Cream " :ROFLMAO:. I also wanted to pull it to early. I know make perfect ice cream every time. Id love to have one of those compressor units but im unwilling to spend the $/room.

About store ice cream...yes its gross. Have you ever noticed what it turns into when it melts? It certainly isn't cream. Its a bowl of airy goo that doesn't look to appetising. The only good stuff is like ben & Jerry's and hagandaz (or however you spell it) and look how much that stuff cost.

Ncage

Usually, the process of making commercial ice cream involves whipping and irrating the mixture to incorporate air into it which lifts it and gives it high volume. This method also helps make it light and fluffy.

Electric mixers do this also with cake batter, egg whites and whipping cream.

Your machine as well as others regardless of the make, style or brand, does this also. The most notable process can be seen when making sorbet. It starts off dark, but as it is beaten in the ice cream machine, its color and texture changes dramaticaly, becoming very light in color, taste and texture.

This is also the reason why you must NEVER fill the freezing bowl more than 3/4 full. The machine needs that extra space for the ice cream to expand as it is beaten and freezing, as 1/4 more volume is added to the mixture.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom