I'm on a Roll Tonight. Check this out!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

choclatechef

Washing Up
I have been wanting one for so long, but I kept passing on every one I have seen.:ermm:

I thought I would never find one I really wanted, but last week, I found the perfect one.:mrgreen:

Remember I named my Hobart N-50 mixer The Mothership Connection? This is what it will look like when it is painted.

img_117328_0_257aca9802a6055485510957f6736696.jpg
img_117328_1_6497c71bcbc480960f0abe05a1d7ca9f.jpg

Well, I finally found it's perfect mate -- a chrome Kitchenaid G mixer -- and I bought it!

img_117328_2_a76876a8fd4ee350b19ac89d57f9ec9b.jpg
img_117328_3_be129e19279c8a8a23b4bc93993343aa.jpg

I am gonna call him The Silver Surfer!

congrats choc! umm, curious, what does goerge clinton and p-funk have to do with a hobart?

Last edited:
buckytom said:
congrats choc! umm, curious, what does goerge clinta and p-funk have to do with a hobart?

:LOL: MY HOBART N-50 MIXER IS THE FUNKIEST MIXER IN THE WORLD – STRAIGHT FROM THE MOTHERSHIP!

:ROFLMAO:

Michael in FtW said:
Ah - so finally decided to get "Mother" a paint job?

Yep, sometime next year, I will send Mothership Connection to Deco Dan for a complete going over and new paint!

I have been spending Mothership's paint job money on other mixers, so she will have to wait....don't tell on me! Mothership would be mad!:ohmy:

MrCoffee said:
Well, I have to admit chocoletechef, you have it all now!

MrCoffee

I don't quite have it all. I want:

1919 MODEL H-5 $189.50 - THE FIRST HOME STAND MIXER WITH PLANETARY ACTION.

1931 MODEL F 489.50 - 3 ½ QUART BOWL, LOWER PRICE.

1932 MODEL A (CAUDATE) - SMALLEST KITCHENAID EVER MADE...ROTATING BOWL.

1933 MODEL R & D - MADE IN LIMITED QUANTITIES WITH A FACETED CHROMED BODY.

1937 MODEL K $55.00 - THE FIRST TO USE A BOWL THAT SECURED TO THE BASE WITH AN

INTERLOCKING MOTION.

1939 MODEL K-3 $28.50 - 3 SPEED INTRODUCED WITH 3 QUART BOWL. MODEL K4 $55.00 - MODEL K ENHANCED WITH 4 QUART BOWL.

1940 MODEL K-3A $29.95 - REPLACED K-3.

1950 MODEL K-3C - MODEL K-3B COSMETICALLY REDESIGNED.

Then, I will have it all!!!!:shock:

Silver Surfer is a beauty. Just curious, what will you get if He and Mother Ship mate? :ROFLMAO:

Spice1133 said:
Silver Surfer is a beauty. Just curious, what will you get if He and Mother Ship mate? :ROFLMAO:

Here is your answer......you will get Starchild!

"Starchild, Citizens of the Universe, Recording Angels.
We have returned to claim the Pyramids.
Partying on the Mothership.
I am the Mothership Connection.
Gettin' down in 3-D
Light year groovin'
Well all right, if you hear any noise, it ain't nobody but me and the boys
Gettin' down. Hit it fellas!"

Oooooooooooooooo!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh! Its like watching fireworks. Starchild is a beauty.

choc, i couldn't wait to tell you. a good friend and co-worker has left my company to go into business with his family opening a soul food / southern home cooking type restaurant in mt. vernon, ny. he's a great guy, one of the kindest people you will ever meet. he will be greatly missed at work, but we are all happy for him. besides, he's a videotape operator, and they are about to become extinct in the next few years with the advent of video server computers (hard drive video storage instead of tape).

we were supposed to have a goodbye party for him today, but being so humble, he didn't come in so no one could fuss over him. grrrrrrrrrr...
when the restaurant opens, i will post a review. can't wait; never had soul food before.
one really cool thing is he says he will give me credit on the menu if i give him recipes that his family uses in the restaurant. so far, he says they will be making a version of my sunday gravy tomato sauce, but modified to give it more "soul"...:chef: (i'm not sure what that means, lol)
he's gonna see if they like my dirty pork chops next....

buckytom said:
choc, i couldn't wait to tell you. a good friend and co-worker has left my company to go into business with his family opening a soul food / southern home cooking type restaurant in mt. vernon, ny. he's a great guy, one of the kindest people you will ever meet. he will be greatly missed at work, but we are all happy for him. besides, he's a videotape operator, and they are about to become extinct in the next few years with the advent of video server computers (hard drive video storage instead of tape).

we were supposed to have a goodbye party for him today, but being so humble, he didn't come in so no one could fuss over him. grrrrrrrrrr...
when the restaurant opens, i will post a review. can't wait; never had soul food before.
one really cool thing is he says he will give me credit on the menu if i give him recipes that his family uses in the restaurant. so far, he says they will be making a version of my sunday gravy tomato sauce, but modified to give it more "soul"...:chef: (i'm not sure what that means, lol)
he's gonna see if they like my dirty pork chops next....

Well alright! Wish him luck for me!

I know you will enjoy soul food, once you have it!!

Alix said:
Oooooooooooooooo!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh! Its like watching fireworks. Starchild is a beauty.

Sure is! :w00t:

Now that I know what I want, I will have to wait til Silver Surfer arrives, and let nature take it's course. In approximately 10 months, I hope Starchild will be born!:angel:

Expressing ignorance here...what is soul food? (OK I sort of know, but would like specific examples please) And what are dirty pork chops?

alix, dirty pork chops are a dish i made up combining 2 recipes. i re-created the dry rubbed grilled pork chops in a (now defunct) restaurant across from my office, and another version from an italian place near my house that pan fries them with hot peppers.

the chops are rubbed with spices (a mix of whole allspice, black peppercorns, sea salt, and garlic and onion powder, ground together) and then grilled. when done, they are topped with hot banana pepper rings, and a good splash of the pickling brine (hence the "dirty" part, like a martini).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom