Indoor grilling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zeina

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone,
I want to buy an indoor grill (since I live in a small apartment in NY and don't have the option of outdoor "real" grilling). I am hesitating between getting an electric grill and a stove top grill. I intend to use the grill mainly for grilling fish, steak, and vegetables.
Which is a better option in this regard? Any specific brands recommended?
Many thanks.

I'd go with an electric grill with removable and interchangeable grill plates. That way, you can use it for grilling meats, making panini, pancakes, etc. If the grill also has non-stick grill plates, they can be easily cleaned up afterwards.

Just simply get the George Foreman grill. They are easy to use, old school, work well, heat well, and are sold a lot of places.

I know no other better, quicker, cheaper, indoor grilling alternate.

We put chicken on one about 4 day ago and it tastes as close to outdoor grilling as you can get.

Enjoy!

I use a stove-top two burner grill made of heavy aluminum with a non-stick high temp coating that's flat on one side and ribbed on the other.

I also have the George Foreman grill, but each has its place. Chicken breasts and hamburgers on the George Foreman; Pancakes, bacon and steaks on the stove-top. Each does things well that the other doesn't. Get both.

I have a Griffo grill that sits on a ceramic base and is a smokeless indoor grill. I love it even more since it has a variable temperature setting that most indoor grills do not offer.

My thought would be to go with a cast iron grill pan. I know the Cuisinart Griddler is generally held in high regard here, but I cannot recommend it.

I have a simple cast iron grill, with ridges. I also have a cast iron bacon/sandwich press to place on top of the item being grilled. I heat it up on another burner.

My wife just bought a hamilton beach healthsmart grill and I was very skepticle at first and then tried it and loved it.Great grill marks and it was only $20.00.I also have a cast iron one that spans two burners it has been kicking around in a cabinet for years.Too many cool spots to be good for little more than heating it as high as you dare and searing a very large cut of meat to throw in the crock pot.Electric all the way

Back
Top Bottom