Instant Pot pressure cooker, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the moment I store it in the box it came in. I tried leaving it open and my cats climb in. And when I leave it closed on the counter they lay on top of it.

:ROFLMAO: I keep mine on a shelf in the unheated sunroom. My cats much prefer lying on the radiatiors.

It's here..
Made pork ribs and rice with it last night. Tried this recipe.
Very tasty. Everyone loved them. Pressure Cooker BBQ Ribs - Our Best Bites

We do have a possible problem.Not sure if it will effect the cooker in the long run. When it arrived it came as is. No outer box to protect it. The box wasn't in great shape. That should have been the tip off. I didn't see the large dent on the side of it until after I had already started the cooking process. Closer look, yep that's a dent alright.:ermm:

Is this going to be a problem?
Not sure if it should be sent back. Contact Amazon about it.
The cooker is now a used product.

Any ideas, thought's on this?
I think for what we paid for it the seller could have done a better job packaging it. Glad we were home to get it when it arrived. Anyone seeing that could have walked off with it. The box was clearly marked.

Munky Badger.

Amazon is really good about this sort of thing. You might send them pictures of the box and the dent, and explain how it was shipped.

It's here..
Made pork ribs and rice with it last night. Tried this recipe.
Very tasty. Everyone loved them. Pressure Cooker BBQ Ribs - Our Best Bites

We do have a possible problem.Not sure if it will effect the cooker in the long run. When it arrived it came as is. No outer box to protect it. The box wasn't in great shape. That should have been the tip off. I didn't see the large dent on the side of it until after I had already started the cooking process. Closer look, yep that's a dent alright.:ermm:

Is this going to be a problem?
Not sure if it should be sent back. Contact Amazon about it.
The cooker is now a used product.

Any ideas, thought's on this?
I think for what we paid for it the seller could have done a better job packaging it. Glad we were home to get it when it arrived. Anyone seeing that could have walked off with it. The box was clearly marked.

Munky Badger.

If you bought it new, I would return it and insist on a new one.

I ordered mine from Amazon (on Black Friday 1/2 price deal of the day) and you have to scroll down after the add to cart button and the description/features listing there is a note for some items saying box will clearly show what's inside. Choose use Amazon box at checkout. So that's what I did. Picture of notice below.
It actually came in three boxes
1) Amazon box with logo no identification of what was in box with air pillows around it to cushion from shipping damage
2) plain brown box that said instantpot on the side
3) was the regular Instantpot brand white box you see at the store with the handle on top and all the pictures and such on it and the pot was in this box with all the factory packaging

It's up to you if you want to ship it back for a replacement (I definitely would for the price you paid it should be in pristine condition). I just got mine so I am not sure how the dent will effect it in the future.

If nothing else I would definitely notify Amazon of the condition it arrived in. Especially if the order was fulfilled by Amazon. If a third party merchant was involved Amazon should notify them to bad shipping methods.

Here is the shipping notification:

IMG_1624.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if a 5 lb bone on pork shoulder fit in my 6 quart Instantpot?

Well we did it again.As if I don't have enough toys in the kitchen already :ohmy:
Mr. Munky talked me into (I was really on the fence with this idea) buying the 8qt on Amazon last night. It was $140.00. We also bought the nice steamer rack for it. As a precaution I insisted that we also buy gaskets.
I did that when I bought the Presto canner. Better to have the back up's ready, than to have to stop canning while you wait a week for the new one's to arrive.

He tossed in a few nice cook books for it as well. One that matches the the pressure cooker. And 2 for my tablet. Let Kindle be my buddy.:LOL:

For those that own and use these vessels. I have a few more questions.

1.) Are they heavy enough to stay put in place while your sauteing (sp) veggies or meats? I don't like things that slide while I'm loading them up.
Safety first.

2.) Where can I find additional insert pans (The one's with lids) that fit the 8qt? Amazon only stocked the 6qt. We passed on that.

3.) How well does it braise veggies and meat? Does it get hot enough?

I've been watching videos and doing a lot of reading. Annoyed Mr. Munk a bit. To the point of "If you don't put the order in. I will." He said I was over thinking it. He was right.. Again! :ermm:

It should be here Friday.
Thank you for the help.

Munky Badger.

Don't you just hate it when the other person is right? For once I would love to prove whoever that person may be at that moment, WRONG!

Thank you GG.

I have never made pulled pork. So there is a sale for bone in pork shoulder $1.49/lb. I thought I would give it a go in the IP.

I want to make it basic so I can use it in other recipes other that BBQ pulled pork sandwiches.

Do you have a favorite recipe?

I just use onions, garlic, salt and pepper in any roast, pork or beef, when I want to make multiple distinct meals. Smells good and easy to add your preferred flavor profiles when served.

I do the same as Princess - simple seasoning at first. That way, pulled pork can have multiple lives as sandwiches with added BBQ sauce and caramelized onions, or with cumin/chili powder/adobo sauce or whatever seasoning you love for Mexican dishes, or sesame oil/soy sauce, etc. for Asian dishes, and so much more. I love having a supply of pulled pork in the freezer.

Last edited:
I do the same as Princess - simple seasoning at first. That way, pulled pork can have multiple lives as sandwiches with added BBQ sauce and caramelized onions, or with cumin/chili powder/adobo sauce or whatever seasoning you love for Mexican dishes, or sesame oil/soy sauce, etc. for Asian dishes, and so much more. I love having a supply of pulled pork in the freezer.

That's how it's done around here.
My favorite is pulled pork enchiladas, taquitos,pork and refried bean burritos.
Ok, time to call my son and remind him to bring home my BUTT order.:D:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Munky Badger.

Msmofet,

I didn't forget your request yesterday for the chili.Sorry for the delay.
Home life had to take top priority.

As for the IP Smoked Chicken Recipe it was very simple.

Pre soaked 2 cups of pinto beans over night.Drain.
Set the IP to Bean/Chili until they were done.
Smoke your chicken until it's fully cooked.Remove the skin.Shred it up.

When your ready add it all to the IP with your choice of seasonings. Add a few cups of water. Set mine on slow cook.

Hope this helped ya.
Munky Badger.

When I made refried beans in the IP, I didn't soak them first and they were great. It's one of the cool advantages of the pressure cooker :cool:

I need to update it a little and then I'll post it. It looks like I combined several recipes and winged it, according to my notes ;)

I do that all the time. I research then pick and choose the profile I like and pick the best method. Then play around till it sounds good. :angel:

I had a recipe somewhere that I wanted to try which called for bacon fat to fry the beans in. But I can't find it. Yours will be a tried recipe so I won't be worried about trying it. It would go great with the shredded pork I want to do in the IP.

TIA

Back
Top Bottom