Instant Pot question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you're making something that gets foamy, it's best to let the pressure reduce naturally before releasing the valve. Otherwise, it not only makes a mess but it can clog the release valve, which can defeat a safety feature of the machine.

When you're making something that gets foamy, it's best to let the pressure reduce naturally before releasing the valve. Otherwise, it not only makes a mess but it can clog the release valve, which can defeat a safety feature of the machine.

Cant do that with pasta ... but its a good tip for other things

According to the article in Kitchn, when cooking beans it's best to use the natural release to avoid split beans. Also, adding oil will reduce foaming.

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-beans-in-a-stovetop-pressure-cooker-193867

I know you wouldn't make this mistake, but lots of people in the IP community on Facebook have turned on their stoves under their IPs and ruined them :ohmy:

I know ...:wacko: I threw that in for a laff. How is it that those FB potters accidently turn on their burners only when the IP is resting on it? Then they put a piece of wood on top of the burners for "protection" They are an odd lot ....

But sometimes I do use it on my stove. There is no chance I will wreck it.

Back
Top Bottom