"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 12-22-2004, 06:53 PM   #11
Senior Cook

I like to use it for mixing meatloaf/meatballs. I also find it great for mixing ground pork and seasonings for sausage. As much as I used to enjoy diving in and mixing this stuff with my hands, the KA makes the job a lot easier with much less mess.

Old 12-23-2004, 01:03 AM   #12
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott123
I like to use it for mixing meatloaf/meatballs. I also find it great for mixing ground pork and seasonings for sausage. As much as I used to enjoy diving in and mixing this stuff with my hands, the KA makes the job a lot easier with much less mess.
Thank you! That is the type of response I was looking for.

Old 12-23-2004, 09:51 AM   #13
Sous Chef

I'm also not big on sweets and baking, but on the occasions I do them it is a great machine to have. It's worth it to me just for whipping egg whites and whipping cream. If you do decide you don't want it, you won't have any trouble selling it.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:08 AM   #14

It would also be useful for mixing savory/main dish souffles!
Old 12-23-2004, 06:43 PM   #15
Master Chef

I might use my KA for mixing sausage ... but I probably wouldn't for meatloaf or meatballs because it could make them too dense ... but, that's my personal preference.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in FtW
I might use my KA for mixing sausage ... but I probably wouldn't for meatloaf or meatballs because it could make them too dense ... but, that's my personal preference.
You are so right, if you are not careful they can turn into meat rocks. I know -- been there, done that!
Old 12-24-2004, 12:47 AM   #17
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in FtW
Dense meatloaf, imo, has very little to do with processing. Primarilly it relates to two ingredients - not enough water or not enough fat. With enough of both, you have anything but dense. The choice of breadcrumbs impacts density as well.

If anything, the KA mixes some air into my meatloaf mixtures, giving me a fluffier end result. I actually prefer denser meatloaf, but because of the fat content of my beef (80/20) and the amount of liquid my onions give off, my meatloaf is almost always a little too tender for my tastes.
Old 12-25-2004, 09:17 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Russell
today i used mine for mashed taters. they were creamy and fluffy. use the paddle attachment that comes with it.