Is there such thing as a Slide-In Double Oven?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michelemarie

Executive Chef
I am looking for a slide-in double oven - not to be confused with a free-standing range. The difference is a slide-in doesn't have the back part that goes against the wall - it looks more like a built-in cook top. In particular, I like the ones by GE and Kenmore that have the glass/ceramic cooktop. Does this exist?

Andy M. - I wish! The one I am looking for is free-standing and slides the cut out but does not have the "backsplash" of controls, the cooktop is flush with the counters. Thanks for looking for me though!

I have a stove like you're talking about...got it from Sears, and it's a good one! I love the glass cooking top...no more burner pans to clean. I suggest you take a trip to your closest Sears store, and check out what they have.

I would research all the different types and this would let you know what is out there and the prices.

I must say that I like glass tops.

Thanks Constance and shpj4. I have been researching the internet as well as calling stores. I want a gas cooktop but on the grates rest on the ceramic cooktop. I want it to be a slide in so the top is flush on my countertops with nothing against the wall so while looking down on the cooktop it looks built in. I have found this - two models, Kenmore and GE. The hard part is that I also want a double oven. This type of stove, to my knowledge, does not offer a double oven. My question is why? Why can a slide-in range have a double oven but a slide-in with this type of cook top not? It doesn't make sense.

Stainless Steel w/Black Kenmore Elite 30 in. Gas Self Clean Slide-In Range with Convection Cooking

Glass/ceramic tops are cool. Just keep in mind that a/ It's still electrical so you don't have the heat control you have on a gas range; b/ wipe your pots and pans before putting them on the heat so you don't burn anything into your ceramic plate (especially things like salt, sugar, milk,...) and be careful with anything spilling over the top c/ if you previously had a gas range, chances are you'll have to buy new pots and pans.

Hades said:
Glass/ceramic tops are cool. Just keep in mind that a/ It's still electrical so you don't have the heat control you have on a gas range; b/ wipe your pots and pans before putting them on the heat so you don't burn anything into your ceramic plate (especially things like salt, sugar, milk,...) and be careful with anything spilling over the top c/ if you previously had a gas range, chances are you'll have to buy new pots and pans.

That is what is so cool about this - the cooktop is gas, the grates sit directly on the glass cooktop so it is almost as easy to clean as an electric cooktop. You can get the stove to be electric or gas, which I hear electric ovens are better. The only problem is I want a double oven.

Constance said:
I have a stove like you're talking about...got it from Sears, and it's a good one! I love the glass cooking top...no more burner pans to clean. I suggest you take a trip to your closest Sears store, and check out what they have.

I think that someone else here bought that stove as well.

But be aware. The oven isn't all that big. That was the complaint of the owner.

~Corey123.

Michelemarie said:
That is what is so cool about this - the cooktop is gas, the grates sit directly on the glass cooktop so it is almost as easy to clean as an electric cooktop. You can get the stove to be electric or gas, which I hear electric ovens are better. The only problem is I want a double oven.
Ohhhhh I see what you mean now. I misunderstood your post. Ok, forget about most of what I said then. In fact I'd love to own one myself... If only I could get my landlord to lay 15 ft of natural gas piping in the kitchen :(

I am hoping that someone will make this in a double-oven version soon. I was considering building the cooktop in and then building the oven in - but because we are so limited on space the oven would have to be built-in under the stovetop in cabinet space - it was so low to the ground it was ridiculous. My choices are the slide in range with no double oven but looks great, a free standing range with a double oven but I don't like the look, OR just keep what I have (free standing range),wait and see if someone makes the slide in with a double oven - I will probably wait:( . Thanks for your help everyone!

Also looking for a dropin or slidein double oven range.

I am looking for a drop-in or slide-in double oven ELECTRIC kitchen range. Any help appreciated.

Is there anything as a slide in double oven?

Reply;I know what your going thru. Sharp makes a double oven slide in, either w/upper oven a microwave or oven. Lower is an oven or a convection oven.I don't know how good Sharp is. Site www.nextag.com/kitchen-Ranges I bought at Sears the Maytag w/upper oven/lower convection oven glass top range though I thought I was buying the slide in. 15% restock. Checking Maytag I only found slide in above as gas unit.

Reply; the sharp and maytag units in my message above have a glass top. I know it is recommended to use special pots for glass tops, but again I had two previous and as long as you do not drag pots across glass you should be okay. Some pots just are easier to use because they heat more evenly on the glass electric top. I had a bridge on my second glass top which I used a humungus cast iron fry pan on with no adverse effects. I always clean up a boil over immediately with no ill effect. Best friend a razor scraper and glass top cleaner which works well.

Hi Michelemarie,
That's a tough one. My uneducated guess as to why a double oven version of the stove that you want is not available, would be because there really is not enough space on the surface of the stove for two seperate sets of oven controls along with the gas controls for the cooktop. Last week I installed a duel fuel Jenn Aire free standing stove in my parents basement. Very nice stove with 5 gas burners (1 high output, 1 simmer and 3 regular), 2 electric ovens,1 small regular (w/top and bottom heat elements) and 1 normal size convection (w/top and bottom heat elements). The oven controls are located on the upright backsplash area and the gas controls are on the cooktop area. The only minor complaint that Mom has is that the normal size oven is very low (hard for her to bend over with a heavy roaster ect....)
Other than that, Mom and Dad are very happy with it.

Thanks JohnL and Ruby. JohnL, I was told exactly what you said by a sales associate. Once I looked at the double oven ranges I knew that I couldn't purchase that, I would have to almost kneel to get into the second oven! Anyways, we have opted to build in a double oven where the pantry is and build the cooktop into the countertop. Ruby, when you say "bridge" on the glass top, are you talking grates for gas? That is the cooktop I am looking at, gas on glass - the grates sit right on the glass, no drip pans. Just curious.

I want a big kitchen, with a gas stove and electric stove and electric oven (at least 2) LoL I would also want someone else to pay for it, cuz I sure can't afford it.

Actually, I was thinking about this the other day ... Trying to figure out exactly what I want. I figured, I want all the things I want, I will have to build my own house. Anyone want to do that for me? ROFL

Let me know what you finally decide on, it sounds like something I would like. :)

They exist but...

I've been looking for the same thing, with a twist--I need a downdraft exhaust. Electrolux has a double oven slide in range with glass top, but the smaller oven in on the bottom. To me the whole point is the oven I use most will be the small one. JennAir has great downdraft options, but not the double oven in a slide in. I am considering a simple one-oven range, and put next to it a cabinet that stacks a microwave on top of a 27 or 24 inch built-in wall oven, or maybe one of the units that are built that way. Problem with that is the wall ovens all take 28-29 inches of height, which is just about the height of a normal-sized oven.

Did anyone ever find the double oven with a down draft? I am about to renovate a very small kitchen, and have exhausted my search. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Mary B.:angry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom