ISO A Simple Electric Meat Grinder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys! Chuck roast is on sale. Will put everything that should be cold in the freezer. Will have to try a pork butt. Maybe with some bacon. OK, I need to go slow...

Edit: Heh. DH brought home .94 lb. of chuck steak. Big whoop. Looks like I'll be making a trip to Fareway tomorrow.

Last edited:
Looks like a nice grinder.

Enjoy it. :chef:

The taste of fresh ground is great. And you know what's in it. That counts for a lot.

I've been very happy since I got mine. :yum:

Heck you could even use it for that troublesome coon if ya ever get him/her. ;)

Zagut said:
Looks like a nice grinder.

Enjoy it. :chef:

The taste of fresh ground is great. And you know what's in it. That counts for a lot.

I've been very happy since I got mine. :yum:

Heck you could even use it for that troublesome coon if ya ever get him/her. ;)

Thanks! Am reminded of the scene in the movie "Fargo" where the guy puts his partner in crime through the wood chipper...

Hey, CWS, there's an idea for you! No shotgun needed!

Last edited:
I have been wanting a meat grinder and found one yesterday. I haven't even taken it out of the box yet, so I don't know how well it works, but I can't wait! It isn't a fancy brand, but it should do for our needs. I got it last night at Harbor Freight. It is electric. The box says it has a 250 watt motor, and it includes: Commercial grade cutting blades, 2 stuffing tubes, Feeding stick, and 3 grinding plates: coarse, medium, and fine. It is supposed to do up to 2 pounds of meat per minute.

It was kind of funny because I had not been actively looking for a meat grinder, but it is something that has crossed my mind once in a while. Then two nights ago, as I was looking at the ground beef at the store, I started thinking about how nice it would be to grind my own. Last night I was just standing there in the aisle and this one just popped out at me, so we got it. :cool:

Barbara L said:
I have been wanting a meat grinder and found one yesterday. I haven't even taken it out of the box yet, so I don't know how well it works, but I can't wait! It isn't a fancy brand, but it should do for our needs. I got it last night at Harbor Freight. It is electric. The box says it has a 250 watt motor, and it includes: Commercial grade cutting blades, 2 stuffing tubes, Feeding stick, and 3 grinding plates: coarse, medium, and fine. It is supposed to do up to 2 pounds of meat per minute.

It was kind of funny because I had not been actively looking for a meat grinder, but it is something that has crossed my mind once in a while. Then two nights ago, as I was looking at the ground beef at the store, I started thinking about how nice it would be to grind my own. Last night I was just standing there in the aisle and this one just popped out at me, so we got it. :cool:

I hope it works out for you. I have found Harbor Freight is a hit or miss kind of place.

Back
Top Bottom