ISO A Simple Electric Meat Grinder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have found I move at a slower speed than the electric grinder, therein lies the problem. And I'm not in that much of a hurry:)

If I had to crank out 50 pounds, had a deer to process, etc. Yes, an electric would be useful. But I only grind about 5 pounds at a time.
My ex and I processed a moose. I did all the grinding by hand. There were parts of that moose that were tough, even ground!

I checked, the sausage stuffer attachment is no longer available. :(

Maybe not from them, but sausage casing stuffing tubes, like grinders, come in standard sizes, and can be bought from third party companies. Might just check Ebay for a tube that fits whatever size grinder you get.

Now about that hand-cranked pasta machine!:ermm:

Ooh, I have one of those, with the ravioli stuffer! Then I lucked into a set of KA pasta cutters for my N50 for cheap and considered getting the ravioli maker that goes with until I found that although it mounts to the mixer it is manual. I already have one I have to crank.

gadzooks said:
Ooh, I have one of those, with the ravioli stuffer! Then I lucked into a set of KA pasta cutters for my N50 for cheap and considered getting the ravioli maker that goes with until I found that although it mounts to the mixer it is manual. I already have one I have to crank.

I used the ravioli attachment before for batches of about 250 raviolis. Don't get it. It was easier to do by hand.

I was going to suggest Lem products also.

I just got there model # 1113 grinder and am really happy with it. :chef:

It's 575 watts. That converts to 3/4 horsepower if I did my calculations correctly. More then enough power for the home kitchen and it made quick work of the 6 pounds of chuck roast,3 pounds of turkey,and 10 pounds of pork shoulder I ground up playing with my new toy.

It's easy to clean and doesn't take up much storage space. About the size of a toaster. It came with a sausage stuffer tube and 3 plates. A sausage stuffer plate. A 5/16" and 3/16" plate. I also ordered a 1/8" plate for a fine grind.

The unit sells for $110.00 and the extra stainless plate was $15.00. I bought a "Refurbished" one and it was $ 88.00. Well worth it because it is a brand new unit that someone simply didn't want so they sent it back.

Lem also has a bunch of products to go along with processing meat so you may want to check them out for that reason.

Don't know if I can post a link since I'm new so I'll do it the old fashion way. Double U Double U Double U dot lemproducts dot com.

And being new I'd like to say Howdy to all the folks here. I'm a quite kind of guy and I'll mostly lurk. (Yeah I'm one of those) But do be prepared for the smarta$$ comment every now and then. ;)

Zagut said:
I was going to suggest Lem products also.

I just got there model # 1113 grinder and am really happy with it. :chef:

It's 575 watts. That converts to 3/4 horsepower if I did my calculations correctly. More then enough power for the home kitchen and it made quick work of the 6 pounds of chuck roast,3 pounds of turkey,and 10 pounds of pork shoulder I ground up playing with my new toy.

It's easy to clean and doesn't take up much storage space. About the size of a toaster. It came with a sausage stuffer tube and 3 plates. A sausage stuffer plate. A 5/16" and 3/16" plate. I also ordered a 1/8" plate for a fine grind.

The unit sells for $110.00 and the extra stainless plate was $15.00. I bought a "Refurbished" one and it was $ 88.00. Well worth it because it is a brand new unit that someone simply didn't want so they sent it back.

Lem also has a bunch of products to go along with processing meat so you may want to check them out for that reason.

Don't know if I can post a link since I'm new so I'll do it the old fashion way. Double U Double U Double U dot lemproducts dot com.

And being new I'd like to say Howdy to all the folks here. I'm a quite kind of guy and I'll mostly lurk. (Yeah I'm one of those) But do be prepared for the smarta$$ comment every now and then. ;)

Well, hello, welcome, and pull up a chair, Zagut! No need to lurk to make smarta$$ comments!

Really good info, BTW.

Thanks for the welcome Dawgluver. :bounce:

I've pulled up a chair and enjoy what I see. But that's my nature. I find I learn by observation. I'll comment if I feel it might add to the discussion. otherwise I sit back and observe.

Seems like a good group of folks here but us hermits take things slow.

And I need to be careful talking to someone names Dawgluver because my 2 sweethearts who are of the :cat: species might not understand.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day and keep on cooking.:chef:

Zagut said:
Thanks for the welcome Dawgluver. :bounce:

I've pulled up a chair and enjoy what I see. But that's my nature. I find I learn by observation. I'll comment if I feel it might add to the discussion. otherwise I sit back and observe.

Seems like a good group of folks here but us hermits take things slow.

And I need to be careful talking to someone names Dawgluver because my 2 sweethearts who are of the :cat: species might not understand.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day and keep on cooking.:chef:

Am thinking Dawgluvers and Catluvers are probably a 50/50 split here on DC. There's also a fair number of Snakeluvers and Chickenluvers! We do love our pets!

I love dogs. I just don't want the responsability involved in dog ownership. ;)

I had a snake once. A Boa. Never did like/trust him.

I do love Chickens as long as they're not undercooked. :yum:

I'm happy with Lucy & Ethel. No mice and they can keep themselfs entertained.

Hope you're happy with the grinder you ordered. Let us know how it works out for ya.

I love dogs. I just don't want the responsability involved in dog ownership. ;)

I had a snake once. A Boa. Never did like/trust him.

I do love Chickens as long as they're not undercooked. :yum:

I'm happy with Lucy & Ethel. No mice and they can keep themselfs entertained.

Hope you're happy with the grinder you ordered. Let us know how it works out for ya.
You haven't met Harriet and Myrtle--two very classy chickens. They travel in a 1998 Volvo and dress in couture clothing. And, lay extremely tasty eggs.

I got a hand grinder for around $29 and it works perfectly. The attachment for the KA is kind of a pain.

Here's the cabela's link! Cabela's: Food Processing

I used to think so, too, but I have a small kitchen with limited storage, and already have an N50, so it is my best option. I have gotten used to it, and it is convenient to grind right into a mixer bowl and add seasoning at my first grind and mix before a second grind. I'm using on of the older, all metal attachments.

I used to think so, too, but I have a small kitchen with limited storage, and already have an N50, so it is my best option. I have gotten used to it, and it is convenient to grind right into a mixer bowl and add seasoning at my first grind and mix before a second grind. I'm using on of the older, all metal attachments.

It's more the time setting it up and cleaning than than it is worth for such a small amount. That and I have to set up a space for the mixer on the stove and work in very limited space. Maybe if I had a nice kitchen where I could keep my mixer on the counter it would be easier to tolerate.

It's more the time setting it up and cleaning than than it is worth for such a small amount. That and I have to set up a space for the mixer on the stove and work in very limited space. Maybe if I had a nice kitchen where I could keep my mixer on the counter it would be easier to tolerate.

I know what you mean. I have a small kitchen with very little cubboard or pantry space, but I found a nice little cart that holds my mixer and attachments, and has wheels, so I can move it if it's in the way.

img_1143160_0_7f74796d1dbbee89e16703aabf605726.jpg

Harriet and Myrtle sound like my kind of chicks. :brows:

Lucy & Ethel go to the vet in a 86 Volvo but I'm afraid to say that they go naked. :w00t:

I like chicken dressing but I'm not so sure about dressed chickens. :eek:

But who can argue with tasty eggs? ;)

Back
Top Bottom