ISO advice on microwave ovens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mommysews

Assistant Cook
Mine died last night so I guess I know where our tax return is going when we get it.

Anyway besides size (we will be getting a full power one) is there any real difference in nukers?

I have an old Panasonic my Father gave me as a gift when I got my first apartment....was 1993 or 94. The thing works like a charm, heats food real fast and never had one problem with it. I would definately recommend a Panasonic. I don't know the wattage off hand, but it uses a 14" plate.

I prefer ones with the turntable, quick cook buttons, and child safety lock. Is this counter-top or over the oven type?

It is a counter tip variety. I would like a certain size so it will fit under the shelf it is under but the shelf is adjustable so if I found the "perfect" oven I could make it fit.

I prefer ones with the turntable, quick cook buttons, and child safety lock. Is this counter-top or over the oven type?

What he said.

Ours is a Sharp Carousel (turntable) and is 1500 watts. Had a Sharp before this one, which is why we bought another. It has all the features bowlingshirt mentioned. I particularly like this one because I can fit a 9- x 13-inch baking dish on the carousel and it still has enough room to rotate without banging the sides.

Ours was a Sharp Carousel as well, loved it! It was an over the stove type with adjustable vents to either vent inside or outside, lights underneath it, and two filters on the bottom.
I will probably get another one like it, but last time I was looking around I saw all these neat new models that do even more... so I got confused and ran away! LOL.

I have a Sharp Carousel II from the mid 90s. Still going strong. It does a pretty good job of defrosting.

I have read that most if not all microwaves are made by Galanz. They sell this brand at K-Mart. If you see a Galanz that has the same features as the one you want, you would probably be getting the same thing for a cheaper price.

After I read that I was in K-Mart and checked out the microwaves. Sure enough, a few of the Galanz ones looked identical to other more expensive ovens and were much cheaper as well.

Chad

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom