ISO black knob for KitchenAid mixer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GA Home Cook

Sous Chef
The black knob on my kitchenaid mixer broke in half. Now I have the bare steel sticking out. I called Kitchenaid and all they sell is the entire replacement arm. Anyone have a solution? Aftermarket replacement for the knob only?

Take a picture of what the lever looks like without the ball on the end and maybe I can think of something that will work.

Take the broken knob to a hardware store. See if they have a kitchen drawer knob that has a similar diameter screw hole. Fill it with epoxy and set.

Last edited:
How much was the lever assembly? How much was the mixer?:rolleyes: My time is worth a lot too me, so how much of it would I waste futzing around with a jury rig repair?;)

The black knob on my kitchenaid mixer broke in half. Now I have the bare steel sticking out. I called Kitchenaid and all they sell is the entire replacement arm. Anyone have a solution? Aftermarket replacement for the knob only?

Are you talking about the lever that raises and lowers the bowl or the knob on the front that holds down the cover for the accessories hole or the speed control knob?

The same thing happened to my KA years ago. I never replaced it. It still works. Just not as pretty.

image-1613062174.jpg

This one broke too! Same thing-still works but doesn't look as good.

image-3401632300.jpg

Thanks. I did not know they all looked the same.
If it was me, I'd drill a small hole in the lever and also each half of the broken knob not going all the way through. Then I'd mix up some Acraglas and epoxy everything back together. The holes are for adhesion and strength.
This stuff is incredible. I have literally remade missing pieces from plastic and wood components. And it sticks well to every kind of surface.
More expensive than KA sending you a free lever, but this is handy stuff to have around anyway. Mix it in a plastic bottle top if you just need a little.

How much was the lever assembly? How much was the mixer?:rolleyes: My time is worth a lot too me, so how much of it would I waste futzing around with a jury rig repair?;)

I would rather spend the time repairing than investing in a whole new machine. There is no need to replace a perfectly good working machine for the saving of a few minutes of ones time. And it helps the environment also to make the repair on an othewise working machine that would be tossed out. :angel:

Krazy Glue on the broken face of each half of the broken knob and both sides of the metal speed control lever. Carefully align the pieces on the lever and sqeeze them together. Hold in place for a couple of minutes, use a snappy clothespin if you have something better to do. It'll hold just fine.

Lots of good suggestions. Gluing a plastic knob back together over a metal arm is something I could even manage. Any good epoxy would do the job - probably be stronger than the original plastic.

I would rather spend the time repairing than investing in a whole new machine. There is no need to replace a perfectly good working machine for the saving of a few minutes of ones time. And it helps the environment also to make the repair on an othewise working machine that would be tossed out. :angel:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm saying replace the lever assembly!:rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm saying replace the lever assembly!:rolleyes:

:wacko: You don't want me to go that far in repairs. I dang near killed myself just reaching for my hair brush. I now have a large black and blue mark with a long scab. Looks like someone tried to slice my throat. Imagine what I could do to a machine with moving parts. I am not only a danger to myself, but to the world as a whole. Put a screwdriver in my hands and I could destroy a nation in minutes. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom