ISO electric stove reset button

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry didn't know where else to ask this.

We have a whirlpool 465 electric stove and the power is on but ranges wont heat up. Someone told us there is a reset button but cannot find it.

Does anyone know of this?

You say the "ranges" don't heat up. Do you mean the units on the top where you cook with pots and pans?

I don't recall having any stove with a reset button, but that doesn't mean none exist.

I looked around for your model and came up with this user guide, which might give you more extensive information than you have if you don't have the booklet that came with your stove.

A couple of things. It could be a faulty terminal block. I had this fail on an old stove. It's very easy to replace.

If your oven is 240V (most are), your panel with the clock and lights probably runs at 120V, but the burner and oven are 240. Try to reset it at the breaker box. It will be a double breaker. Flip the breaker off and back on again, and see if that fixes it.

Last edited:
If you google your problem you'll find others who've posted similar questions and gotten them answered by folks claiming to be appliance technicians

I can't remember their answers but at least 1 or 2 seemed to work

There are also appliance forums where you can ask this question

Back
Top Bottom