ISO help w/toaster oven with no temperature controls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

musiclvr56

Assistant Cook
My friend gave me a toaster oven because she didn't like that it doesn't have temperature settings. I want to bake fish at 350 degrees. There aren't too many categories. The categories are: cake, pastry, convenience food, potato and poultry.

Any advice is appreciated.

My friend gave me a toaster oven because she didn't like that it doesn't have temperature settings. I want to bake fish at 350 degrees. There aren't too many categories. The categories are: cake, pastry, convenience food, potato and poultry.

I agree with your friend. :angel:

Sorry. Give it to a friend who doesn't care that it has no temperature settings.

I used to have such a toaster oven, and eventually decided it had no serious use other than toasting bread slices horizontally. Or trying to do the job that any ordinary stove couldn't do better, other than vertically toasting bread. I eventually gave up all toasters and toaster ovens on the theory that it's more easily, quickly and conveniently done in an oven or broiler.

Granted I don't eat toast that often. I prefer English muffins and I toast them under the broiler in my oven.

Bake your fish in your oven, where they should be baked. Don't expect a toaster to get you there...

You may be able to go online with the brand and model number and find an instruction manual on the manufacturer's website.

Until then, I think most cake mixes call for 350º F so that might work for your fish and most other things. The convenience food setting is probably around 400º F.

I would have given that away as well. I love using my toaster oven and can't imagine one not having a temperature setting. You would think that would be pretty standard for a toaster oven.

Ahggg........my new toaster oven is like that. That should teach me in trying to match my red small appliances! It takes 6 long minutes to toast a slice of bread for pete sake. This dang thing is worthless even though it looks nice. Grrrr.

Put your fish in the oven is my only suggestion.

LOL Not trying to be Captain Obvious here, but how about just purchasing an oven thermometer ....

h-3568.jpg

Set the oven to a named setting & take note of the temp. There are not many things cooked in an oven that need an exact temperature anyway -- unless you are baking.

As already mentioned, I would search online for the manufacturer and model for an instruction booklet/manual.

Since fish cooks quickly (and there is a catagory for poultry), I would give the fish a go. Check after afew minutes and don't add too much liquid. If you do a search on fish in a toaster oven, there are several tips, etc.

As Andy and Cerise wrote, look for info about this brand and model of toaster oven online. Not all toaster ovens are made for cooking meat.

Back
Top Bottom