ISO help w/vintage KitchenAid mixers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burnettm

Assistant Cook
I recently obtained two KitchenAid mixers, a stainless steel model 3-C and a green K-5SS. I have a few questions I was wondering if anyone could answer.

- Will any of the modern mixing attachments will work with either of them? I know that the front mounted accessory attachments will work.

- Is it normal for a model 3-C to have a model 4-C bowl/attachment plate?

- Does anyone know where I can find a service manual for the model 3-C? I did find one for the K-5SS.

- Are there any stores which specialize in stocking replacement parts for these vintage mixers or would I have to look for a broken one to harvest parts from in case anything breaks?

Andy, Leolady, and Bakechef are a few of our KA folks, we have a few more. I am not one. Leolady, Gadzooks, and Oldvine all specialize in old KA. Andy stores his above the commode.

Welcome to DC!

Last edited:
As far as I can tell none of the attachments from the newer mixers will work on the 3c, the post that they attach to is much smaller on the 3c and the bowl is more narrow.

Since the 3c and the 4c are so similar, the plate under the bowl may have been replaced with one off the 4c at some point.

As far as I can tell none of the attachments from the newer mixers will work on the 3c, the post that they attach to is much smaller on the 3c and the bowl is more narrow.

Since the 3c and the 4c are so similar, the plate under the bowl may have been replaced with one off the 4c at some point.

I haven't found any places selling parts, but some patience and you could find some on eBay.

K5SS is like the K5 but the control board is solid state, and attachments like beaters, whisks, bowls and dough hooks, as well as food grinders, etc. that fit newer KA 5qt. bowl lift mixers will fit yours. Ebay is a good bet for KA accessories. For parts and accessories for the 3C, Ebay, swapmeets, garage sales and such, however, the front attachment hub on the 3C is a standard KA #10 hub and will accommodate standard hub-driven KA accessories. The 4C bowl seat is OK on your 3C, the bowls were, I believe, interchangeable. The main difference was, is, the way the beaters mount to the mixer. They are not interchangeable between the two models. Hope that is of some use to you.

another one for the KA experts. I have a 15 year old 5 qt KA. The black button on the speed control arm fell apart (way past glueing together). All the parts lists I have looked at show that you have to buy the complete speed arm. Any suggestions on the button replacement?

My KA is Model K5-A with "Hobart" included in it's labeling. I can't even remember if I've had to replace any pieces or parts for it, but if I did have that need, I would try smallappliance.com and search their listing for my model. My sister had good results getting some little repair piece from them.

Andy, Leolady, and Bakechef are a few of our KA folks, we have a few more. I am not one. Leolady, Gadzooks, and Oldvine all specialize in old KA. Andy stores his above the commode.

Welcome to DC!
I do hope an American commode is different to an English commode. Over here it's a chair with a potty in set in it used by invalids :ROFLMAO:

I recently obtained two KitchenAid mixers, a stainless steel model 3-C and a green K-5SS. I have a few questions I was wondering if anyone could answer.

- Will any of the modern mixing attachments will work with either of them? I know that the front mounted accessory attachments will work.

- Does anyone know where I can find a service manual for the model 3-C? I did find one for the K-5SS.

- Are there any stores which specialize in stocking replacement parts for these vintage mixers or would I have to look for a broken one to harvest parts from in case anything breaks?
Have you looked for print off-able instruction manuals on-line. I found one for an ancient appliance that I acquired recently.

I do hope an American commode is different to an English commode. Over here it's a chair with a potty in set in it used by invalids :ROFLMAO:

Our commode is attached to indoor plumbing. The inside loo. ;)And no, Andy will never live it down! We won't let him! And in spite of his quirky habits, we still love him. :angel:

If you are still looking I found these links when I was looking for some thing else. Hope it helps.
KitchenAid Mixer Accessories
or
KitchenAid Customer Satisfaction Center: 1-800-541-6390

A presenter on QVC UK said that modern attachments will fit all KAs including very old ones but don't quote me on this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom