ISO opinions on which new range to purchase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
024.jpg

Went to looked a model JUST like the one we bought!
Did I say I'm excited?

I'm excited we're going to have matching stoves Kgirl! I know you'll love it as much as I do.
That big red pot in the picture is on top of the dedicated simmer burner.
I'm sure you know that the outside venting will be through that cabinet above the microwave, leaving little room for anything else. I keep my flat microwave pans on edge up there.

Last edited:
Ya know KL, I looked closely to the venting of the microhood and it's actually vented straight out through the wall and not the upper cabinet.
That was the first thing I did when we walked into the model was open that cabinet and there was nothing, ARGH! So I grabbed the sales gal and she took me by the hand, led me outside and showed me the external vent. "No, it vents out here, I was the same way, I thought there was no vent too", she told me.
I like her!
We went over our option sheet (9 pages long btw) and I just about had a heart attack at how much MORE we're going to pay over the base price of the home.
DH is not pleased.
"Do you really need that upgraded stove?"
:huh:
YUP!

...We went over our option sheet (9 pages long btw) and I just about had a heart attack at how much MORE we're going to pay over the base price of the home.
DH is not pleased.
"Do you really need that upgraded stove?"
YUP!
Your reply: Yes, if you want to go on eating food in our home. ;)

House upgrades can be a lot like automobile extras. It looks like a great deal...until it doesn't. Fortunately, houses don't depreciate like cars do. Plus, it's a little tough to cook a 4-course meal on an engine. :whistling:

Your reply: Yes, if you want to go on eating food in our home. ;)

House upgrades can be a lot like automobile extras. It looks like a great deal...until it doesn't. Fortunately, houses don't depreciate like cars do. Plus, it's a little tough to cook a 4-course meal on an engine. :whistling:

It's even more expensive to cheap out now, then decide to upgrade in 4 years because you aren't happy with the "stock" options.

View attachment 23757

Went to looked a model JUST like the one we bought!
Did I say I'm excited?

SO!
Our countdown is on to when the contractor will break ground on our new home... and I started think about all of the options that we chose.
I couldn't remember the model # of the range that we get, so I pulled down that HUGE binder that they give you at the first design meeting
#JGB650EEFES
DANG IT!
It doesn't have convection mode!
I love that for baking!

Dear DC pals, do you bake with or without convection in your gas oven?
Does it make that big of a difference in a gas oven?
Should ask for a different model?

I've never used convection for baking. It seems to work fine. I do use it for roasting meats and veggies - and chicken :LOL: - and they're done faster and very delicious :yum:

I have never had the privilege of using a convection oven. But every person I know that has one or did, love it and will never go back to having a stove without one. Make the change now. Then you won't have to live any regrets. Only happiness. :angel:

Agreed!
Convection is wonderful for cooking things other than baked goods.
It seems that I have using the convection setting on my electric range here in the middle of the desert for the most part.
But what I was wondering was does anyone have a GAS range with convection?
I've been reading so many different opinions online about this.
I was reading on one site that it's not a true convection with gas, only electric.
Any opinions, first hand experience out there?

No first hand experience but I don't understand the statement that a gas oven isn't a true convection. Convection is related to a fan blowing the hot air around the inside of the oven to ensure more even heat distribution. That works with any fuel source.

Agreed!
Convection is wonderful for cooking things other than baked goods.
It seems that I have using the convection setting on my electric range here in the middle of the desert for the most part.
But what I was wondering was does anyone have a GAS range with convection?
I've been reading so many different opinions online about this.
I was reading on one site that it's not a true convection with gas, only electric.
Any opinions, first hand experience out there?

I have gas with convection. That's what I was talking about. I believe Kayelle does, too.

I have gas with convection. That's what I was talking about. I believe Kayelle does, too.

Me three.. Love convection for roasting, but I rarely use it for baking. I would go without self cleaning before giving up convection.

Back
Top Bottom