ISO Pasta Maker suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the brand I'm sure a million other people have, the Marcato Atlas. This is a hand-crank machine and it works very well. I've made a lot of pasta with it and am satisfied with the job that it does for the price. My one complaint is that it is a greasy little devil. It tells you to wipe it down before using and to run a small piece of dough through it to pick up any oil, then throw that piece of pasta away. No matter how many times I use it and do what they say, I get a certain amount of pasta that has a gray grease on it. The problem is tolerable, and as I say, it does a very good job of making the pasta. Just wish it was a little less grubby.

I've used both Imperia (aka Villasware) and Atlas 150 models and they are comperable - the 150 models are pasta rollers with cutter attachments. They are comperable, and very similar - but the attachments are not interchangeable ... there are some mechanical size differences in the gearing, etc.

One thing you might want to stay away from are the pasta "extruders" ... none of the home verions work worth a flip - and they are hard to clean.

I have a Marcato Ampia that I acquired from my grandmother. It's pretty oldschool. There's the main crank for flattening and working the dough, and then built into the unit (not removable like many manufacturers make them) are fettucini and linguine dies. I don't have problems with grease and I'm happy with how it works.

Do you have a kitchenaid mixer? I highly recommend the pasta plate attachment that you can get for it!

Mine was a gift: Deluxe Atlas Pasta Queen by Marcato for Himark. It's very easy to use, and the pasta comes out great.

Go for Imperia. One of the Best brands around in Italy. I still use it since '99.

Another vote for the Imperia. I have had mine for 20+ years and it's still "ticking." ;) The one "attachment" I would like to have is a motor for turning the crank.

I used to have an Atlas. When I got the Imperia, I gave the other away.

Back
Top Bottom