"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 12-22-2009, 10:28 AM   #11
Master Chef

I only had to justify the price to myself ... but when I figured out how much I could save just by baking my own bread I convinced myself real quick!

Old 12-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna be View Post
I am getting serious about buying a kithcen aid stand mixer, and I am curious if any of you guys have any experiance with proffesional 600, 6 qt line.I have read varried reveiws on these models.I want a machine that can handle double plus batches of pizza dough with ease.Any input would be great.

How often will you be making double batches of dough? Do you have a pizzeria or something?

Old 12-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Not very often but what I am really interested in is the grinding atachement as well as the sausage stuffing atachement.I bought a warring pro grinder and stuffer and it sucked.I am also really interested in the pasta maker/cutter.How well can this machine mix a dough with the consistancy of playdough such as egg noodles .I guess it really dose'nt matter though.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:33 PM   #14
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna be View Post
Not very often but what I am really interested in is the grinding atachement as well as the sausage stuffing atachement.I bought a warring pro grinder and stuffer and it sucked.I am also really interested in the pasta maker/cutter.How well can this machine mix a dough with the consistancy of playdough such as egg noodles .I guess it really dose'nt matter though.
The reason I ask is because I have the KA Classic (275W) and it does double batches of dough no problem. I would guess that with twice the power it would do them at least as well!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:58 AM   #15
Master Chef

Artisan Vs Bowl Lift - redux

This thread, and the one about the Accolade being 86'ed, got me to thinking and I went and checked the specs on what KA currently offers in their stand mixer line ... and thought I might clarify what I said earlier about the only difference between the Artisan and the Pro being personal preference.

The Pro 450 is 4.5-qt and 300 Watts.

In the 5-qt arena you have the Artisan with a 325 Watt motor, the Pro (Heavy Duty Plus) is 325 Watt, and the Pro (Commercial) is 450 Watt.

The 6-qt models (Pro Line and Pro 600) are both 575 Watt.

So, if you are comparing the Artisan to a Pro 5-qt then the only difference would be preference. Comparing it to anything else is a matter of differences in size and power.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #16
Senior Cook

I Have the tile Artesan and I love it. I worked with the bowl lift on a floor stand. It managed 5 pounds of flour easily. In retrospect, I still prefer the bowl lift for large
quantity baking because of the beater. For me it was much easier to not have to play with the beater before I could remove the bowl.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #17
Head Chef

All I can say is that I love my Pro 600 with the spiral dough hook. Effortless mixing and kneading.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:36 AM   #18
Senior Cook

I"ve never made bread in my life. I would like to learn. Nevertheless, my Artesan does everthing I want, and it isn't enough I so have the pro processor with all the tools to fall back on.

Ffor those who want fresh stone ground flour: Buy Fresh Organic Flour, Cornmeal, Gourmet Baking Mixes, Gluten Free Flours, Easy Baking Recipes -- all from War Eagle Mill, in Rogers Arkansas
Old 01-03-2010, 01:13 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
wanna be...I suggest wearing a football helmet for a few days after it arrives. It won't help totally...maybe less blood spatter

You will LOVE it!!! I probably use the meat grinder attachment more than anything and that's to make gazpacho!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:50 AM   #20
Senior Cook

wanna be... I bought 6 processors of various ilk because I have no choice except to make our hamburger. None lasted more than 20 minutes because the motors would not stand up to heavy use. They were just pretty little counter decorations. I bought the KA Professional 670 and have been happy every since. I mixed a cake batter in it one day and had a cake with a super fine texture like a wedding cake. The KA machines will teach you something new everytime you use it. I loved my Artesan too, but it is a real counter accessory.