ISO uses/advice on a fryer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll nuke a potato until ALMOST done, let it cool a few minutes, then cut it into large wedges. Then I put them in the deep fryer. Works great every time, and I've gotten better results than deep frying twice.

I'll nuke a potato until ALMOST done, let it cool a few minutes, then cut it into large wedges. Then I put them in the deep fryer. Works great every time, and I've gotten better results than deep frying twice.

I’ll actually take left over baked potatoes, cut them into wedges and fry them. They’re pretty good!

I've never had a left over baked potato. In fact, until my son, Plague of Locusts, got married and moved away, I never experienced a leftover anything.

Frying up some potato wedges sounds good, nuked or otherwise. I'm always looking for ways to finish off a bag of potatos, which is why I don't buy frozen. The dang supermarkets are always trying to push 10 lbs on you. And that's pretty hard to use up for a single guy :neutral: Could the baked or nuked wedges be frozen and then fried later? Should be the same as buying the quicky frozen ones... right?

Frying up some potato wedges sounds good, nuked or otherwise. I'm always looking for ways to finish off a bag of potatos, which is why I don't buy frozen. The dang supermarkets are always trying to push 10 lbs on you. And that's pretty hard to use up for a single guy :neutral: Could the baked or nuked wedges be frozen and then fried later? Should be the same as buying the quicky frozen ones... right?

I seldom buy potatoes by the bag. I buy them loose. My market offers bins of various types of potatoes and you cna select as many as you want.

I've never had a left over baked potato. In fact, until my son, Plague of Locusts, got married and moved away, I never experienced a leftover anything.
I hear ya, Caine. Not only do we never have leftovers, I have to plate meals in the kitchen or I might miss it first time around!!!:LOL:

I've never even heard of nuking and then frying but it makes sense. I will be trying this tomorrow. Thanks bowlingshirt.

Absolutely. You can cook the potatoes ahead of time and freeze them for fying later (within a month).

I'm glad we had this little discussion on potatos.... errr, I mean deep fryers, watermelonman ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom