It's So Shiny!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Our aged toaster oven has been acting up so I have been on the lookout for a replacement. While Christmas shopping couple of weeks ago, I saw Costco had a Cuisinart convection/oven/broiler/toaster available for $100. It seems like a good deal as The retail price was $159. online. :ohmy:

While at Costco earlier this week, we went to get the toaster oven only to find it was gone. :(

Decided this morning to drive to another Costco to see if they still had one. They had ONE! It was in a damaged box. We grabbed it and took it to the manager to see what she could tell us. She checked and informed us Costco would not be carrying this item any longer. I asked it she'd give us a break on the price and she did. We got the item for $70! :clap::clap:

The User Manual was missing so I downloaded and printed it.

https://www.cuisinart.com/shopping/appliances/toaster_ovens/tob-135n

Whatta score Andy!!

Am I correct this toaster oven isn't a replacement? You'll wonder how you ever got along without one, especially cooking for two. This one looks like a honey.

Whoops, I see now that it's a replacement.

Last edited:
Well done, Andy... I've had my TO (different brand) 2 months now and love it..

Might I suggest you checking these 1/4 sheet pans? They are really good and you will need this size for your TO..
https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2...textured-nonstick-9-x-13-cake-pan.jsp?prdPV=6

Edited to add: I see some poor reviews and do not understand why.. This is a great product and I have 2 I use almost daily for sweet or savory..

Ross

Last edited:
That's a good buy man. I didn't click on it as I'm in a bad reception area up a valley. Reception comes and goes.

Russ

...Might I suggest you checking these 1/4 sheet pans? They are really good and you will need this size for your TO..
https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2...textured-nonstick-9-x-13-cake-pan.jsp?prdPV=6

Edited to add: I see some poor reviews and do not understand why.. This is a great product and I have 2 I use almost daily for sweet or savory..

Ross

Thank you all.

Thanks JC, I have a few quarter sheet pans as well as a selection of other pans that will fit in to TO.

Nice score, Andy. A 30% discount on a simply damaged box is a great deal. My wife loves Cuisinart products. Our kitchen is full of them.

It's such a SCORE if you go to the trouble to ask for and obtain a display model, especially when that's the only one left and it might be discontinued. Plus...they took some off the price. Score!

Cas, you don't understand. Andy is a Patriots fan.

He deflated the box a little; just enough to get a winning price.

:cool:

I have a toaster oven with convection and love it. Andy, does it also work as a dehydrator?

That's not specifically mentioned in the manual. I suppose if you set it to keep warm and let it go for long enough, it would dehydrate.

Our aged toaster oven has been acting up so I have been on the lookout for a replacement. While Christmas shopping couple of weeks ago, I saw Costco had a Cuisinart convection/oven/broiler/toaster available for $100. It seems like a good deal as The retail price was $159. online. :ohmy:

While at Costco earlier this week, we went to get the toaster oven only to find it was gone. :(

Decided this morning to drive to another Costco to see if they still had one. They had ONE! It was in a damaged box. We grabbed it and took it to the manager to see what she could tell us. She checked and informed us Costco would not be carrying this item any longer. I asked it she'd give us a break on the price and she did. We got the item for $70! :clap::clap:

The User Manual was missing so I downloaded and printed it.

https://www.cuisinart.com/shopping/appliances/toaster_ovens/tob-135n

SCORE!!!

I got my KitchenAid stand mixer for 75 bucks from BB&B in a similar way. No box, no manuals, just a cart full of stuff.

Don't you just love it when you stumble upon a deal like that?

CD

That's not specifically mentioned in the manual. I suppose if you set it to keep warm and let it go for long enough, it would dehydrate.
I wonder if you can set yours to keep warm and convection. Mine has a dehydrate setting and that's pretty much it: low temp and convection. I think the fan part helps a lot with the dehydrating.

Back
Top Bottom